Ants what would you do.

Yesterday afternoon myself ,wife, daughter and her boy friend went and saw the new shark money ( save your money). Any way after the movie we go to a major pizza chain to have a slice or two. My wife also ordered a salad and when she starting unwrapping her silverware the napkin was full of little ants and they were crawling all over her napkin and silver wear. The rest of use started opening our napkins and silver ware and there were no ants in anyones but my wife. I talk with the manger and he gave use a couple of items we had ordered for free. When we were leaving I did notice the crew opening up the napkins and silverware checking for ants. So here is my concern we know the original owner of the franchise ( if you buy or start up a store you have to pay xxx amount of dollars to him to get you started with one of the franchise). I told the wife I would call him when we got home just to let him know what happened. I am having issues with calling him because he is a very close to our family and I don't want him to think Iam just complaining and could be taking a chance this could upset him. So what would you do if this were to happen to you.

2. Member
    I would've started by approaching the manager on duty. Sounds like they may have had an idea there was a problem but maybe they didn't know the extent.

3. Member
    if the roles were reversed and you owned the business wouldn't you want to know? I say call him and be honest with him in the conversation, odds are he will be grateful for the information.

4. Member
    In my opinion you talked to the manager. He and the employees were taking corrective action by checking silverware packets.
    He also gave you items for free. Those few things tells me that he cares about his business and his customers.

When you say "original owner" I am assuming he no longer owns the franchise.

5. Matt20xd
    Sounds like the manager is already taking care of it. Talk to your friend and let him know what happened including how well the manager handled the situation.

6. Banned
    If I was the owner I’d like to know, just to make sure that my manager was letting me know about potential situations. Now if the owner is a hands off doesn’t care type of person, then oh well forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt20xd View Post
    Sounds like the manager is already taking care of it. Talk to your friend and let him know what happened including how well the manager handled the situation.

^this^

8. Joe4d
    Sounds like they were fixing it,, but what would I do ? I woulda been grossed out and left, dang sure wouldnt have been eating there. Free or other wise.

Issue resolved...current staff was checking the rest of the silverware and you were compensated for the incident with free items. Now my opinion is based on this one isolated incident of ants. There is things that would definitely make me escalate higher up but ants is not one of them, unless it happens again.

10. Member
    I would forget it . Telling the wife you will do something and then not doing it is a bigger problem.
    GETFISHED !!!

Make the call , he would want to know

2009 ELITE 210

12. Member
    Yes Id want to know. If they are in the silverware, where else are they. Thats not something you want around or to have the board of health find.

13. Member
    Our friend is the franchise owner not the store owner, its like if you tart a toco bell you must first purchase the franchise then you are the owner of the store and you must agree to terms and other bs and the franchise can take away the store name if you are not abiding to the franchise terms.

14. Member
    Sounds like just one pack of the utensils may not have gotten completely clean; and some
    ants found them. Not a huge deal for me as a customer, $h!t happens. But, I could see a good chunk of the general public customers/complainers looking for a reason to whine on social media and the internet; just jump at the opportunity to post a negative review online over it.
    -
    All that to say; I would tell your friend. But like others said, tell him the manager and staff jumped right on the issue; you were just giving him a heads up.

More importantly...how was the pizza? If it sucks...who cares about the ants.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt20xd View Post
    This sounds right. That way your friend knows about it and can maybe check in on it but also knows the manager and employees are handling their business and taking care of concerns. So everybody has a positive in the end

17. Member
    If the manager is worth his pay,he will call the owner and tell him. Better that than the owner being blind sided on Facebook,and he will hear of it more than likely.

18. Member
    A few ants is not a big deal. I wouldn't get anyone upset over a few ants. With all the rain they are looking for dry land. I would think many people have dealt with ants at one time. Nothing to make a big deal out of unless you just want to stir up something.