Question Trying to Find Part Numbers for Optimax Maintenance Parts...???

I recently purchased an used Ranger 620VS. I am having a helluva time finding parts numbers for maintenance items for a 0T483495 S/N (2004 Optimax 225). Does anyone have a list they can share? I am looking fuel and air filters to start with.

Any assistance and practical advice is appreciated.

dh

Sign on to Don Weeds European marine on line parts store.. Put in your serial number and what your looking for..

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Sign on to Don Weeds European marine on line parts store.. Put in your serial number and what your looking for..
    Unless they have another website, the one I found online (http://www.europeanmarine.org/) won't allow me to create an account in order to do a parts search. The security code function indicates it is outdated...

I'm not much help in that category I have had it on my old computers favorites for a long time.
    It can be slow around here on Sundays.. If nothing else Don should be around tomorrow.

5. Member
    Don't know about creating a new account but I was able to log on to the parts site a few minutes ago.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

Well, I need to figure out something soon. I can't login to europeanmarine at work as they block the site. But the other parts diagrams I do find do not show the vapor canister and air filters I have on the motor. They show a different setup. It justs adds to the confusion.

7. Member
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    Yeah, if I knew the nomenclature better I could email him the list. The parts link still won't let me create an account so I can login. I will keep after it, though

9. Member
    Back when I was maintaining my 2015 Opti 200, I was buying the red-top fuel filters on EMart. At that time the filters were available at two price points, one low and one higher. I was warned not to buy the cheap ones...made sense to me. The special tool they sell for removing the filter was worth its weight in gold. It looked like this:

https://jet.com/product/Mercury-Vera...yABEgJBH_D_BwE

10. Member
    Use your telephone to call the parts department the old fashion way......

Ok, no wonder I am losing my mind. The S/N on the engine bracket is for a 2002 Optimax DFI. However, the powerhead is not a 2002. I still believe it is a 2004. Do powerheads have a number stamped somewhere to verify?

This is my first Optimax and I had no frame of reference. Plus the individual I bought it from was less than helpful.
    Finding parts should be easier now that I will stop using a 2002 S/N to find parts.
    Any assistance is appreciated.

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You will probably need to snap a few pictures of that powerhead (front, left, right, rear) and post them up for identification. I'll be glad to try and help you find something you can work with there.

Working to get the new account situation resolved on the website- there is another (Mercury Side) item we are waiting on before we put programmers on it. Shouldn't be too much longer, though.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    You will probably need to snap a few pictures of that powerhead (front, left, right, rear) and post them up for identification. I'll be glad to try and help you find something you can work with there.

Working to get the new account situation resolved on the website- there is another (Mercury Side) item we are waiting on before we put programmers on it. Shouldn't be too much longer, though.
    Well, I will have to swap my pictures over to my computer to reduce the size, so I can attach them. But, based on all the inspection stickers and the emission stickers it is a 2004 powerhead. I could not find a stamped number, it could be there just under the attached accessories.

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Probably not... but at least based on what's seen I can help you with something to assist in identification of future parts needs.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Probably not... but at least based on what's seen I can help you with something to assist in identification of future parts needs.
    I sent you an email. Thanks.

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    And responded. That should get you on the exact right track.