Extremely slow 195 stinger

IMG_1120.MOV

ive had this boat for a year. Made all sorts
    of adjustments with no results. 2009 lowe 195 stinger/2009 merc 115 4s.
    current prop as an old cabelas SS 13x19 in fair cond. Ive borrowed a few props
    with no major changes. Boat has always ran 35mph@ 5400rpm at best. Please keep in
    mind this engine redlines at 6400rpm. Added a 6" man. Jackplate but the jackplate has " tuck" in it.
    installed wedges to correct tuck but very little improvement. Boat plows and rides terrible imo. Wish I could
    get more bow lift and I feel I need more trim but trim is maxed.

any suggestions appreciated

2. Member
    Just by looking at the RPM, you have the wrong prop on. Go to Mercury's website and use their prop guide and see what it recommends. Also, what is your 195 rated for? Is it max of 115 or 150?

3. Member
    My excel 1860 with a 90 hp loaded does 43 mph. With a trophy 19 and I also run a 19 laser 2. But I think you should be in a 17 pitch with the rpm being so low

4. Joe4d
    take all ur gear out and go weigh it. See how weight compares to specs. Maybe water logged foam from a hull leak.
    Whats your water pressure ? Could be as simple as coming up a set of bolt holes.
    Check throttle cable, make you you are actually wide open at engine when you are wide open at controls.

5. Member
    The standard Merc 4s redline is 6000. Sounds like engine is way low, so measure the bottom to prop. Start at 5" and go up. Second, if the hull is plowing at full trim, you've got dents in the hull. As mentioned, try a 17" prop. Bulletins on this boat with an Opti 115 are 43-45.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver