Help please. Need info about NC fishing for the week after Labor day.

Howdy, I spend summers in TN (Winter in TX).
    My wife's golfing buddies are arriving 9/7/18. I am getting OUT OF TOWN! We are near Knoxville, TN. for the summer.

Thinking going North to Michigan, but realized that the NC coast isn't any further. I am trying to find some cooler weather; catch redfish/blues/seatrout/ LM bass/muskies or anything that swims and pulls hard.

I'll be pulling my 1652 G3 tinny. Runs shallow but not good for big water. I am used to fishing Galveston, TX saltwater flats, as well as FW lakes.

Any suggestions for this old (78) codger? I'm in pretty good shape. Launch and load 3 times a week now. Guess I am looking for a motel/cabin ? with a launch or near a launch on small water/flats for the weekend plus a few days after Labor Day week. 9/8--9/12/18

Thank you. richg99

2. Member
    You're not going to find any cooler weather in coastal NC... its been hot (93-95) with high humidity for the last several weeks. If the milage is the same I'd head North and find some smallmouth to catch. Just a thought...
    Phillip "Wade" Norris
    2015 Ranger Z520C
    250 Merc Optimax Pro XS (S# 2B113454)
    25P Fury - 4 blade all holes open

3. Member
    How's the weather on the coast after labor day? I know when I fished Wisconsin, the weather changed a lot quickly. Of course, Wisconsin isn't the East Coast.

In Texas, we finally get a few fronts coming through around then, too, and we are a lot further South.

4. Joe4d
    Coastal NC after Sept ? usually pretty nice in between hurricanes.

5. Member
    Hi Rich, my fiance and I are headed toward the coast on the 19th of Sept, we are staying near Oriental and there is great fishing there this time of year, it is the Neuse River system and you would be fine in that boat as we are taking my aluminium ranger. Pm me and I'll send you a wonderful place to stay down there, right on the water and the boat ramp is less than a mile away.