Anyone have screenshots of 360 imaging on a Helix 7 SI?

I realize that 360 imaging would be better on a Helix 10 or 12 because of the higher resolution of the screens, but being retired I have to budget accordingly. I can afford the ethernet switch and either a 360 or a Helix 10 or 12 this year, and pick up the other next year: just not both this year.

Last year a got a Helix 7 SI GPS G2N, which can handle the 360, along with a iPilot Terrova hence I'll need the ethernet switch when I add one of them. I'm inclined to get the 360 this year, and the bigger Helix next year, but I was curious if anyone used the Helix 7 with 360 and had some screen shots from the Helix 7. ( luckily I have near 20/20 vision so the smaller screen isn't that much of a problem, just my have to bring it up a little higher on the bow ).

Searching the threads here a lot of the images posted don't say which units the images come from, but I assume most are from the larger units.

Thanks

The Helix 12 is the best unit for the 360, but even with the Helix 7 screen size you can get good image size by not using the full 360 view.
    There is a Front View choice that uses the whole screen width without using zoom. I use that with all my units.
    Won't be able to tell by viewing a unit screen shot with a computer since the picture file resolution is the screen pixel count. It would be larger than a Helix 12.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Here is a picture of a 998 with an 8" screen. Not exactly what you're asking for, but hopefully it will be of value

I agree with Wayne on using the front 360 view. The Helix 7 G2N will allow overlay data like shown in his screenshot, which provides a wider view than with the data boxes shown on the 998

(disclosure: I'm an employee of Johnson Outdoors)

4. Member
    I appreciate the responses.
    Thanks for the screenshots Wayne. Wi
    thout question the Helix 12 would be better, as it has way more resolution, and using the front view would be the way to go until I get a Helix 12 ( definitely in my future, when finances allow).

jpschneid: The screenshot you posted is very helpful. as the 998 has the same resolution as the Helix 7 (480x800). That showed me what was trying to see; how well does a 480x800 do. So I guess I should have ask for images from any of the 480x800 units (
    898ci
    998c, Helix 9, etc ). Looks very doable to me. Since right now I can afford either the 360 or a Helix 12, the 360 seems to be a bit more fun …, and fishing for me is about fun. I was also thinking about the Helix 12 being a Sonar/GPS G2N on the bow using the US2 from the trolling motor. From what I read here, seems most use the 360 on the bow 90% of the time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    I appreciate the responses.
    Thanks for the screenshots Wayne. Wi
    thout question the Helix 12 would be better, as it has way more resolution, and using the front view would be the way to go until I get a Helix 12 ( definitely in my future, when finances allow).

jpschneid: The screenshot you posted is very helpful. as the 998 has the same resolution as the Helix 7 (480x800). That showed me what was trying to see; how well does a 480x800 do. So I guess I should have ask for images from any of the 480x800 units (
    898ci
    998c, Helix 9, etc ). Looks very doable to me. Since right now I can afford either the 360 or a Helix 12, the 360 seems to be a bit more fun …, and fishing for me is about fun. I was also thinking about the Helix 12 being a Sonar/GPS G2N on the bow using the US2 from the trolling motor. From what I read here, seems most use the 360 on the bow 90% of the time anyway.
    No, the Helix 7 has more "resolution" than the Helix 12. About 2000 more pixels per square inch. The 12 is just bigger= less HD.

Any Ethernet capable Helix unit will support the 360. The Helix 12 CHIRP GPS G2N certainly will.
    If you can find any discontinued first generation Helix 12, that will work just as well as a G2N for the 360.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL