Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Me 2. If I didn't put it into the down position I wouldn't get it into the garage. Never had any problems with my engines storing it this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerguyz21 View Post
    Down, only reason is because it fits better in garage, gives me walk around room

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    Down, the dfi engines are prone to drip oil into the belly pans when stored up.
    Thanks all. I apparently and unfortunately have acquired one that is prone to the dripping oil issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Steven H View Post
    Common sense, seems not so common is my point. I mean what difference does it really make (except for places where it freezes often). If you need someone to tell you this, wonder how difficult you find it to select fuel grade at the pump for your vehicle OR boat at the gas station or do you make that hard too !!!
    Pretty sure that up the system is pressurized and down there is no pressure on the rams. No sure that would cause a problem. If one has ever looked back at the motor while they are running in chop and seen that sucker dancing around back there. I am sure that puts way more stress on the trim system/transom than sitting in a garage or trailering. Other than that I store mine down because of the size of the garage................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12