Livescope Won’t Work Round 2

So I ordered the Livescope first time around. Did the install on a 93SV Plus, never got it to work. Got one quick red blink, the only blink that is not covered in the error codes. Called Garmin, they determined I had a defective module. I shipped the Livescope back to them. 3 weeks later, yesterday got a new Livescope. Tried to install it same thing, one quick red blink. So today had a friend try to install it on his 10” Gamins. Still not working, but he’s getting continuous red blink or the 3 red blinks. He has 2 original Panotixs installed on his boat at the moment and they work fine. I guess the next step is to call Garmin again. Frustrated.

2. Member
    Since you've already talked to Garmin and got a replacement they should have already gone through all this.
    1. Most common reason Livescope doesn't work with any unit, Plus or GPSMAP is that the latest software has not been installed.
    2. Low voltage. This is easily checked by booting the unit without the LiveScope and showing the voltage on screen. Then plug in the LiveScope to the unit and watch the screen for a voltage drop. Another way, just for test purposes, is to temporarily wire the power for the LiveScope to a separate battery, like your car battery.

That's really all you can do other than making sure your cables are tight. I have seen the LiveScope not come up on a cold boot, but then shutdown the unit and immediately reboot the unit, and it come up working. Let us know how it goes.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Thanks, I do have the lastest software installed. I’ll try to a separate battery.

Are you sure your buddies 10" Garmins are compatible?

5. Member
    Let me ask for him model numbers I’ll be back.

6. Banned
    They also need the new software

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooknlinehds View Post
    Thanks, I do have the lastest software installed. I’ll try to a separate battery.
    If you try a separate battery, you may have to connect the grounds of the battery for Panoptix with the ground of the battery for the MFD. Garmin uses that ground in the network cable. That's why sometimes a regular CAT5 cable won't work.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

8. Member
    So my buddy doesn’t have 10s he has a 93SV also. He had 7.0 software already. This morning he decided to reinstall/download the software again now it’s actually working. Great news. I’ll go pick up the Livescope from him and I’ll reinstall my 7.0.

9. Member
    So I got the Livescope back, reset my 93SV Plus to factory settings, downloaded 7.0 and still nothing. I’m starting to think my unit is the problem. My friend is going to bring his 93SV plus that worked, later this week and we are going to plug it in with my wiring and see if it will turn on. If it does it’s the head unit.

10. Member
    After all this trouble, it’s my 93SV Plus. My friend came over tonight with his 93SV plus, we plugged it in, turned on and the Livescope works. Green light on the module. Mines 93SV Plus will not detect Livescope, no green light. Same software on both units. Bad luck.

11. Member
    Sure is. It's always a pain to have deal with warranty adjustments. I'm sure they will replace it.

12. Member
    Just got off the phone with Garmin. They gave me 2 options. Pay up front for a new one, when my old unit gets to them they will reimburse me, or send in old unit and when it arrives they will ship new one. They also paid for the overnight shipping.

13. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Sounds like good service.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

14. Member
    Great service..... I wish I could get that out of a few other company's I deal with.
    Ranger, Z520c with Mercury, 250 Pro XS
    Garmin & Minn Kota

Quam's Marine, Stoughton, WI

15. Member
    Yup great service.