Oversized neck gaiter?

Anyone know a source for neck gaiters for big guys? Standard ones are tight....I am 6’1” and 270 and standard gaiters are too small. Thanks

2. Member
    I agree... I am interested as well.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

3. Member
    check out Hoo-Rag as an option and the Columbia ones are made from a different more silky type material that stays more stretched out and loose than the regular buffs

4. Member
    Buff makes a larger one called the Buff XL. it’s available thru many sources including their own site

5. Member
    The Buff XL one looks promising, will order one. Thanks

check these out....
    https://www.beallsflorida.com/online...pe-neck-shield
    stretch
    Polyester/Spandex material
    Allen
    911 Bass Anglers
    Bucks County PA

Extra large tube top might work if not too tight.
    Ranger Forever

Buff UVX. They're stupid expensive for what they are at $37, but they're the only ones I've found that will actually do what they're supposed to do. The cost doesn't seem so bad when you've spent a couple hundred bucks on other options to try to find one that works.

This is what I end up with every other one I've tried - Simms, Huk, Columbia, Gillz - none of them are big enough.

None of this anymore with the UVX, and the holes to breathe through prevent glasses from fogging up.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Buff UVX. They're stupid expensive for what they are at $37, but they're the only ones I've found that will actually do what they're supposed to do. The cost doesn't seem so bad when you've spent a couple hundred bucks on other options to try to find one that works.

This is what I end up with every other one I've tried - Simms, Huk, Columbia, Gillz - none of them are big enough.

None of this anymore with the UVX, and the holes to breathe through prevent glasses from fogging up.
    I encountered this same issue. The problem is not the buff. It’s the shirt were wearing. Long sleeve HUK with the collar eliminates that sunburned spot. If I wear a regular T shirt I spray bullfrog on the back of my neck to protect that sliver of open skin. They need to design a buff that looks like a turtle neck dicky. That would cover the lower neck area much better.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Sure a shirt with a collar fixes it and sure sunscreen might help (this burn was actually WITH SPF 50 sunscreen having been applied because I knew I'd have that sliver that wasn't covered...curse my Irish heritage!), but the purpose of a gaiter is to protect my neck above my shirt from the sun without having to worry about sunscreen. The Buff UVX does it without having to wear a collared shirt or apply sunscreen. It's not quite as intrusive as a turtle neck dicky, but it does have extended fabric at the front and back to fill in the gap.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

11. Member
    The. Buff XL looks exactly like what the OP is looking for. As for other brands leaving a sliver exposed, I’ve resorted to cutting the sides of the buff and tucking them into my shirt. It sucks to cut them but it works which is all that matters.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Sure a shirt with a collar fixes it and sure sunscreen might help (this burn was actually WITH SPF 50 sunscreen having been applied because I knew I'd have that sliver that wasn't covered...curse my Irish heritage!), but the purpose of a gaiter is to protect my neck above my shirt from the sun without having to worry about sunscreen. The Buff UVX does it without having to wear a collared shirt or apply sunscreen. It's not quite as intrusive as a turtle neck dicky, but it does have extended fabric at the front and back to fill in the gap.
    I've switched to wearing hooded sun shirts. I like them much better. After a few hours with a buff/gaiter on, my beard would itch so bad I wanted to rip my face off.

13. Member
    Get a good sun hat and you don't need a Buff.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire