Passenger Console Glove Box Door

Hello All

I was looking through some threads but could not find any fixes or answers. 06 178VS. I hit a huge pot hole coming home and the glove box door was hanging when I put it in the garage. It looks like a pin disappeared that hold the glove box door in place. One is still in place looks like there is glue on the ends to hold it there. Are there any fixes to getting this repaired. There is no space to work, tried a nut and bolt but could not get it through and there is no space to get it locked in place.

Any help is appreciated.

2. Member
    I am not sure you have the same glove box hinge, but.......................i think you do. I have a 2005 Z22 and mine came off a few weeks ago during a night tournament. Mine has a metal piece (with one very small screw in the middle) that worked loose, found it lying in my floor board the next day. I used 5 minute epoxy to repair………………..I held it in place for 2 or 3 minutes and it worked great.

3. Member
    The plastic hinge broke on mine. I jb welded a small nut and use a bolt for hinge pin.

4. Member
    Thanks for the information.

The space is really tight and I am not sure what size bolt will fit. I was trying a couple different sizes and the head of the bolt would not squeeze into the crevice, I don't think I could hold the nut in place either. May need pictures and try to fabricate something. I wonder if the pin bounced into the floor drain since I could not locate it.

Plastic appears to be in tact.

5. Member
    Had this happen a long time ago on my 2007 Z20. Never found the pin, and was at a tournament so I used a tie wrap through the holes. Worked so well that after 5 years I still have not changed it out, and it works as well as if the pin was still there. If I ever need parts from Ranger I will order a new pin...but I never seem to need parts.
    ciao,
    Marc

6. Member
    I was able to get this fixed up last night. Wandered around the Autoparts store just looking for something to use. Came across a box of Roll Pins variety pack, looks exactly like what is in there now. Picked them up for $2 to at the very least try. Worked on it for about an hour because that space is awkward. Finally figured a way out of this mess before I started cutting the fiberglass under the console.
    I slid the Roll Pin onto a small Allen wrench, since the Allen was the only device I was able to utilize in the space. I was able to put the Allen in place through the holes. I took a Flat head screwdriver and slid the Roll Pin over the Allen wrench into place and backed out the wrench.
    There was one Pin that was a nice snug fit. Need to put some Glue on the ends like the side that has held to keep it from rattling out again.

Thanks everyone for the ideas and assistance.

Jason