Question Help with Motorguide US2 adapter to Helix Unit

Hi.

I recently picked up a used Motorguide 82lb 24Volt Digital Tour. I purchased online the Motorguide Sonar Adapter for Humminbird 7-Pin. I have a Helix 7 G2N. I went to plug in the new adapter and the stupid thing doesn't fit into the Motorguide plug !!! The pin alignment is wrong! It appears at some point the pin setup changed either on the Motorguide cables or Lowrance (as I think it is a Lowrance plug that is on the Motorguide motors). Anyhow ... I now need to return this adapter cable and find out if I can even get one for my Motorguide. I've emailed Mercury but am not optimistic I'm going to hear back from them. If it helps, my trolling motor Serial: 9B655880; Part No: 9BT52GCAF

If there is anyone that knows the older Digital Tour line and the type of adapter that is needed to plug into Humminbird units ... I'd appreciate some advice.

Thanks!
    - Rods & Reels are like women. The more expensive they are the lighter they are ... the cheaper they are the heavier they are. -

2. Member
    The older tours had two different built in transducer. If yours has a black plug, you need one type, if yours has the blue Lowrance plug, you need the other. The Lowrance ready is the newest and most common now. If that is what you have, then here are the adapters. the Humminbird is on the bottom of the page:
    http://www.motorguide.com/store/accessory/wireless/transducer-adapter-cable
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

3. Member
    Thank you for the input. The older Motorguide Digital Tour I have has a black plug. It may be pre-Lowrance and what I ordered last week is the current Lowrance plug.
    It looks to me from that link you shared along with your comments, that I would need a Lowrance 6 to 7 pin adapter, then the Lowrance to Humminbird 7 pin adapter? :( I cannot simply get one adapter that goes straight from the Motorguide 6-pin plug to my Humminbird?
    - Rods & Reels are like women. The more expensive they are the lighter they are ... the cheaper they are the heavier they are. -

4. Member
    No, that old style has nothing to do with Lowrance. You're going to need the Motorguide adapter, which is obsolete. May find one on doing searches for ebay.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    OK. Thank you very much!