Thread: Ranger RB190

Ranger RB190

Picked up my new Ranger Rb190 yesterday and just about got the motor broke in now to start getting it rigged up I'm going with a Ulterra trolling motor does anybody knwhat shaft length would be best I'm thinking 54" but thought I would ask for some opinions thanks in advance.

2. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Congrats!

3. Banned
    54" will be fine.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    54" will be fine.
    . Thanks rocket man now if I can figure out how to run a external transducer preferably a mega SI on the Ulterra I will be in business.

5. Member
    If you wait a few weeks they may come out with the mega ducer in that model like they did the ultrex

6. Member
    Congrats on the new RB!!

Call Brian at BBG Marine and he will walk you through everything you need to hook up the transducer. If you don't already have the trolling motor he will make you a great package deal.

https://www.bbgmarine.com

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Congrats on the new RB!!

Call Brian at BBG Marine and he will walk you through everything you need to hook up the transducer. If you don't already have the trolling motor he will make you a great package deal.

https://www.bbgmarine.com
    . Yes that's who I bought my last units from I plan on calling him tomorrow I'm planning on going with 2 10" SI Mega's 1 for console and 1 on the bow and a 80 lb. Ulterra Riptide and link it all together so I'm hoping I can it all worked out.

8. Member
    Let's see a pic of that new rig!! I come here to see all the new rigs, favorite part of this site... Congrats on the new Ranger!
    'No Pain, No Palm; No Thorns, No Throne; No Gall, No Glory; No Cross, No Crown'

Ranger rt188 Camo/Mercury 115 Pro XS CT

9. Member

10. Member
    I'm trying to post some pics but I can't get them to post

11. Member
    The RB was my first choice but it wouldn’t fit under my old house garage door. So, I bought RT RT188. I’m having a 14x24 garage built at the house we bought a few weeks ago with a 10’ wide and 9’ tall door in case I ever want cricket legs etc... The RB’s are a versital rig.

12. Member
    Javelin, go to Cornfield Crappie.com and check out the cable saver for the ulterra, I think this is what you are looking for for the transducer install.

Quote Originally Posted by Javelin 180 View Post
    I'm trying to post some pics but I can't get them to post
    Just a little help with posting pics:
    There are two problems, when posting pics taken with an iPhone, Orientation and size. The best way I found to solve the orientation problem is to take the picture with the “camera+” app. The pic will always post in the same orientation as seen through the view finder. Be sure to set the options to save the pictures to your camera roll.
    The “PhotoShrinker” app will resize single or multiple pics at one time. It cost a couple bucks but well worth it.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    Just a little help with posting pics:
    There are two problems, when posting pics taken with an iPhone, Orientation and size. The best way I found to solve the orientation problem is to take the picture with the “camera+” app. The pic will always post in the same orientation as seen through the view finder. Be sure to set the options to save the pictures to your camera roll.
    The “PhotoShrinker” app will resize single or multiple pics at one time. It cost a couple bucks but well worth it.

Thanks Bill I wished BBC had a app I'm on crappie.com and I have a app for them and it made everything easier and no problems at all posting pics it definitely made things a lot easier.

15. Member
    I got my RB 190 in October (50th anniversary model) and I love it. I’ll probably add a Bimini top soon.