Thread: Lake Nacona

BBC SPONSOR

Lake Nacona

As you can see by my profile I live in Ohio. However my sister lives in the great state of Texas. She just recently purchaced a lake house on Nacona. I pretty much have an open invitation to come visit and fish anytime. If I make it twice a year I'd be lucky, but just wanting some advice being I've never been on this lake. Don't worry guys I won't be sitting on any honey holes, bc like I said I'll be lucky to get down twice in a year. If you want to share any info and don't want to let the cat toally out of the bag feel free to pm.

Thanks Buck

2. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    I can't help much but as a fellow northerner who is now wintering in Texas when I want info about a lake in Texas I might want to fish I start with TPWD to get an idea what it's like. Here's the TPWD for Nocona - https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish.../lakes/nocona/

One thing I've learned is if the TPWD description mentions "standing timber", be prepared to so some serious bushwhacking.....
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

3. Member
    I don't know of anyone here who fishes lake Nocona. TFF might be your best resource.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the link and information..

I haven't fished Nocona in a while but it was a fun little lake to fish with some good fish in it. Last time I was there it only had one boat ramp and very little standing timber, most of that was on the south end if I remember right. Good luck
    Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS

6. Member
    All you need is a black blue jig and a big white spinnerbait. It has some giants.