HDS WATER INTRUSION!!!

HDS 9 bow flush mounted on a 2016 Skeeter ZX. I fished a mild rain and the unit went to gray snow distortion like an old TV. I pulled the unit out of the bow to send to Lowrance, then tipped it over and out came about 2 oz. of water? I have had bracket mounted Lowrance's left out in torrential rains and never a problem. Should I be asking my dealer why my 2 year old HDS has water in it? Could it come from a bad instillation?

2. Banned
    First time I’ve ever read about a Lowrance graph getting water in it...dealer should be warranting it, hopefully it’s a gen3 for your sake.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Welcome to the club........Not a bad installation but a "not so" waterproof unit.....i had 3 Lowrance units get water in them, 2 being HDS units....they are labeled as water proof but some how RAIN water can get into the unit.....

If you bought your boat brand new from a dealer and that is the original units, you have a 3 yr warranty, you can also call dealer or skeeter to verify.......if your dealer has great service and he can get it replaced no problem go back to him, if not get your bill of sale for the boat and give Lowrance a call....they will ask for the BOS as proof for the warranty....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Thanks for that info, Yes I bought the boat brand new in March of 16, and the units are stock from Skeeter. That will be great if they are under a 3 year warranty, I wasn't sure about that. I'll try my dealer Fun n Sun in Hurst Tx. first.

5. Member
    Happened 2 me now 2 times with live units.

6. Member
    I had a unit do this 10 years ago. I realize they are supposed to be waterproof and probably are when they leave the factory but…. Now I try to keep mine out of the rain when possible.

7. Member
    This is a 2018 post...
    ciao,
    Marc

8. Member
    Just had a HDS Live 12” with water intrusion. Unit worked fine but then lost SD card reader and GPS. Called Lowrance, horrid process I won’t bore you with. Told them the issue. Send it in. They got the unit, and returned. Asked them if it was fixed, nope we can’t fix water intrusion issues…wtf. Insane. $3K later new and last Lowrance graph I will spend my money on.
    2020 Nitro Z18 w/ Mercury 175 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 / Lowrance HDS Live 12s with AT1
    BBT Mounts / VVM on Samsung Tab Active 2

My guess it came in through the connection nuts on back. These do loosen over time and should be tightened every season.

10. Member
    If that’s the case they should let folks know to tighten them and give a torque spec
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty