Question BRAND NEW ULTREX PROBLEM

Took new boat out for the first time today turned troll motor power on pulled cable put in water.
    Prop will only slightly turn like it is on 1 or 2 out of 10 no mater were the dial is on the foot
    pedal or remote.When prop power button is pushed down the pedal locks up and will not
    move again until button in released.Any ideas anyone

2. Member
    It needs to go to an ASC since it's new and under warranty.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

3. Member
    Where did you buy it? I exchanged mine after it failed during it's first trip on the water
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6

4. Member
    Found the problem it was low voltage not the troll motor.Dealer hooked up 1 of the 3 batterys wrong all batterys were charged just not putting out 36v.It is working great now .

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GWK64 View Post
    Found the problem it was low voltage not the troll motor.Dealer hooked up 1 of the 3 batterys wrong all batterys were charged just not putting out 36v.It is working great now .
    Find a new dealer.
    2015 189 trx

Quote Originally Posted by GWK64 View Post
    I would have some polite but well chosen words for the management on that subject.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

7. Member
    I know it happens, but don't understand why. When Installing I always check the trolling motor connections to the battery wiring with a voltmeter to make sure it has adequate voltage. It's just part of the procedure for installing a trolling motor.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Mr. John, not all dealers are worried about doing things right before a customer walks out the door.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Joe4d
    How long did it take you to trouble shoot and repair ?
    Go ask dealer what their shop rate per hour is, and tell them they owe u that much refund from what you paid for rigging

Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    How long did it take you to trouble shoot and repair ?
    Go ask dealer what their shop rate per hour is, and tell them they owe u that much refund from what you paid for rigging
    AND.......If they laugh at you, file a small claims suit and add additional time for "Court Costs" !! Then, follow thru !! Don't forget to make them WELL KNOWN on social media too !! And then find a new dealer.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    AND.......If they laugh at you, file a small claims suit and add additional time for "Court Costs" !! Then, follow thru !! Don't forget to make them WELL KNOWN on social media too !! And then find a new dealer.
    ...and if that works for you then go to the doctor and tell him you want your money back on all the times he didn't make you well.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    ...and if that works for you then go to the doctor and tell him you want your money back on all the times he didn't make you well.

13. Member
    This is the 2nd boat I purchased from this dealer.The first one had no issues.Got a good deal on both boats & a great trade in value on the 17 model I traded in.They are 190 miles from me is why I figured it out for myself.They were apologetic about the mistake.And would have taken care of it if I would have brought it back 3 hours there and back two times.They even said they would me half way anytime I had a problem.There is only 1 bass boat dealer in my town and they sell a brand that are to overpriced for me.I have purchased around 7 new boats and 6 almost new boats in the last 20 some thing years .The only issues I have had are with the new ones.For some reason no matter what the brand or how much it costs there will be things that have to be adjusted ,repaired or replaced.Thanks for all of the advice.
    PS I love the Ultrex now that it works LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    You apparently missed the "Sarcasm" in my post, lol !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents