Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    If you look at the bottom of announcement is says presented by wal mart. My guess they are back at some level, which is why they are going back again.

2. Member
    Imo FLW had it set up to knock it out of the park next year but they blew it with this.
    Eastern Kentucky University
    2003 Stratos 200 Pro XL
    2003 Evinrude 225 HO

3. Banned
    Still 50 + guys will qualify. One will win 300k. All the others will be guarenteed at least 10k. Guys will be lined up to pay ( more now that co-angles are gone ) the entry fees to fish the series. Great concept and business model. Only other game is fish the opens and hope to make the Elites. Pay a lot more in entry in the elites and fish for the same money. Golf is looking better all the time.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    No they didn’t!! You’ve got to be shitting me!!! Holy hell they are the red headed step child. Lol
    Holy hell x1000, no one in the organization can think this is a good idea, #1 you should never have the classic/championship at the same place 2 years in a row, BASS did the same thing in the 90's when they were considered 2nd fiddle during FLW's heyday with their big payouts and #2 this fishery is just not very good right now, I understand the grind tournies and I like them too but when you have pros that can't even bring in 5 keeper bites its going to hurt tourism from anglers.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleyeguy456 View Post
    Still 50 + guys will qualify. One will win 300k. All the others will be guarenteed at least 10k. Guys will be lined up to pay ( more now that co-angles are gone ) the entry fees to fish the series. Great concept and business model. Only other game is fish the opens and hope to make the Elites. Pay a lot more in entry in the elites and fish for the same money. Golf is looking better all the time.
    Nobody is questioning flw business model. Plus the elites fish 3 more tournaments than flw so you could make more money there.
    Eastern Kentucky University
    2003 Stratos 200 Pro XL
    2003 Evinrude 225 HO

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by willhamm97 View Post
    Nobody is questioning flw business model. Plus the elites fish 3 more tournaments than flw so you could make more money there.
    Well only 2 more this year

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    Holy hell x1000, no one in the organization can think this is a good idea, #1 you should never have the classic/championship at the same place 2 years in a row, BASS did the same thing in the 90's when they were considered 2nd fiddle during FLW's heyday with their big payouts and #2 this fishery is just not very good right now, I understand the grind tournies and I like them too but when you have pros that can't even bring in 5 keeper bites its going to hurt tourism from anglers.
    Exactly what i thought!! Not sure I've ever seen the Classic on the same lake back to back years. Hoping to see Wes Logan pull it out this year though. Heck of a good fisherman!
    Jason Henson
    2018 Phoenix 721 Pro xp Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by cjbullet View Post
    Exactly what i thought!! Not sure I've ever seen the Classic on the same lake back to back years. Hoping to see Wes Logan pull it out this year though. Heck of a good fisherman!
    Its happened several times. Even had it at same place 3 years in a row.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bassmaster_Classic

9. Member
    Well being a local guy I'll throw my two cents in. I think FLW likes the venue for a few different reasons. A) The Walmart influence, considering this is Arkansas. B) The arena is big enough and small enough. It's big enough to hold 6,000 on Sunday for the final and it will look packed on TV and small enough that when you have half of that like today it doesn't look completely empty. In addition to that it has the exhibition hall attached directly to it making it real convenient for the expo. C) Visit Hot Springs aka Hot Springs Convention Center works real well with them and their organizers and they've been there and done it a few different times. D) I think FLW likes the fact the lake is tough albeit I don't think they expected it to be this tough. E) People just seem to like visiting Hot Springs. There's something for everyone it seems and this is probably nice for the families of the anglers and all those involved in the expo and production. What I can assure you is the City of Hot Springs has nothing to do with it in a monetary involvement.

Even though I'm not surprised that the fishing has been really tough I am surprised that these guys aren't doing better as a whole. It seems everyone is chasing the topwater bite all day, which I didn't really expect to be a winning strategy. I really expected to see more guys chase the topwater bite early and then concentrate on points and humps with grass and/or brush throwing a big texas rig worm, spinnerbait, swimbait, or crankbait, but hey what do I know I've only fished the lake for like 30 years.

10. Member
    Bass junkie is 100% correct

My first trip to Hot Springs. Dang nice town with some beautiful scenery. Just pushed back from a 26oz Porterhouse at Bones. Yummy
    It sure is fishing tough, but a few are putting some decent stringers together. Larry
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Its happened several times. Even had it at same place 3 years in a row.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bassmaster_Classic
    My Bad. They haven't done it in 23 years.
    Jason Henson
    2018 Phoenix 721 Pro xp Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Junkie View Post
    Well being a local guy I'll throw my two cents in. I think FLW likes the venue for a few different reasons. A) The Walmart influence, considering this is Arkansas. B) The arena is big enough and small enough. It's big enough to hold 6,000 on Sunday for the final and it will look packed on TV and small enough that when you have half of that like today it doesn't look completely empty. In addition to that it has the exhibition hall attached directly to it making it real convenient for the expo. C) Visit Hot Springs aka Hot Springs Convention Center works real well with them and their organizers and they've been there and done it a few different times. D) I think FLW likes the fact the lake is tough albeit I don't think they expected it to be this tough. E) People just seem to like visiting Hot Springs. There's something for everyone it seems and this is probably nice for the families of the anglers and all those involved in the expo and production. What I can assure you is the City of Hot Springs has nothing to do with it in a monetary involvement.

Even though I'm not surprised that the fishing has been really tough I am surprised that these guys aren't doing better as a whole. It seems everyone is chasing the topwater bite all day, which I didn't really expect to be a winning strategy. I really expected to see more guys chase the topwater bite early and then concentrate on points and humps with grass and/or brush throwing a big texas rig worm, spinnerbait, swimbait, or crankbait, but hey what do I know I've only fished the lake for like 30 years.
    Sounds legit to me

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Junkie View Post
    It seems everyone is chasing the topwater bite all day, which I didn't really expect to be a winning strategy. I really expected to see more guys chase the topwater bite early and then concentrate on points and humps with grass and/or brush throwing a big texas rig worm, spinnerbait, swimbait, or crankbait, but hey what do I know I've only fished the lake for like 30 years.
    I thought the exact same thing. I always thought top water early or low light then move on.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. I always thought top water early or low light then move on.
    I get their line of thinking. You can get some good bites on topwater this time of year but Ouachita is full of 2-3 lb fish and most of them aren't going to bite a topwater at noon during a bluebird sky and 92 degree day. There's lots of good fish hanging out on the deep edge of the grass this time of year and it usually takes a big texas rig, slow rolled spinnerbait or a big crank to get down there where they are at and get them interested. A Zoom Ol Monster is some color of green with a candy or red flake is usually a good place to start. I'm just real surprised we haven't seem somebody emerge with a deep pattern like that and bring a really good sack to the scales. There's always tomorrow though, you never know.

16. Member
    Just my .02 but how old is Forrest and what State does he reside?

crazy
    2015 Legend V20
    250 ProXS
    Lowrance HDSLIVE 12s/16
    BBC Member since 2003

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    I was talking to someone today at the expo about ouachita. I told them I would rather sit home and watch tv than fish ouachita in August. The best time for this lake is in the spring and fall.
    How late in the Fall Big?

19. Member
    I hate to see this lake fishing so tough because its loaded with bass just bad time of the year

Our local Friday nighters championship was friday night after the pros got off the lake....It took 18.5 pounds. Trust me, they’re in there. In February and March there’s multiple stringers over 20. 23-25 pound stringers aren’t uncommon and I’ve seen 27 pound bags. Unfortunately it’s as tough as any lake in the country from July-September....hopefully it’ll be different next year but if the grass isn’t grown good and matted or the bream aren’t on beds it’ll be a repeat dink fest.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast