Demon zx225 chine walking!!

Hey guys at 70 to 72 I can drive her with one hand but around 73mph she gets uncontrollable no matter if I trim down a lil bit and trimming jack plate down. What am I doing wrong? What's the red line 6200rpm ??

2. Member
    Jack Plate is too low. Raise up.

3. Member
    Thanks randy, I'll try raising it up. The dealership said run it about 9 on digital gage but on tape it's around 3 inches or I'm reading the tape wrong. I'll bring it up around 3.5 or so see how she does. Skeeter I use to fish out of had a manual jackplate and it was setup perfect hydraulic jack plates I've never had until now

4. Member
    Just keep an eye on the water pressure. As long as it's good you can go as high as you want

5. Member
    Thanks, I'll keep playing with jack plate try and find the sweet spot

6. Member
    manual plate set up correctly is hard to beat

Quote Originally Posted by leolionalec View Post
    Hey guys at 70 to 72 I can drive her with one hand but around 73mph she gets uncontrollable no matter if I trim down a lil bit and trimming jack plate down. What am I doing wrong? What's the red line 6200rpm ??
    Mine was the same. I sold the T-1, and bought a Tempest. Problem solved. I won't argue that the T-1 can be faster. It's just a lot harder to drive. If you want to keep the T-2, just raise the plate until the boat stops walking. Just don't forget about the water pressure!

I don't recommend going past 6100 rpms. The computer flags it as an over-rev. Yeah, I had that problem too until I got a bigger prop. The stock 25p T-1/T-2 isn't enough pitch.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

8. Member
    10-4 thanks.. I'll try raising the plate when she starts walking.. I'd like to experiment with different props in time but money is a lil tight right now with new boat purchase etc. the t2 will have to do for now.

9. Member
    What’s your current ptp measurement. Actually measured and not off the tape

10. Member
    I have no idea. Prob sounds silly I don't even know how to began to measure it lol

11. Member
    Level the boat, then level the motor. Measure from the bottom of the pad to the ground then from center of hub to ground. Then the difference is the ptp.

12. Member
    question? So I will measure pad to ground, center of the hub to ground, with everything level. So what do I do with those 2 numbers? everyone says for skeeter 3.5 or 3.25 is about right for jack plate. How would those incorporate with 3.5 on tape on Jackplate? Sorry, I'm a novice when it comes to hydraulic jack plate

13. Member
    so pad to the ground measured then subtract hub to the ground then that's my number I need on tape on my jack plate the right level?

Quote Originally Posted by leolionalec View Post
    I have no idea. Prob sounds silly I don't even know how to began to measure it lol
    this diagram helps me
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

15. Member
    10 on your Atlas Guage is 2.5" on the tape. That is roughly 1 1/2" below pad prop to pad measurement. Zx225s typically come a 1 3/4" below from factory.

16. Member
    So if you had to guess it my gage what number would you say would be about right? at 9 on my digital when I look at the tape on jack plate its around 3 inches if I am reading it correctly

17. Member
    So sat I'll take her out and I'll raise the jackplate to around 3.25 to 3.5 on tape and see if she stops walking then