Thread: Hydro wave?

Hydro wave?

So I know it is the wrong time of year for the hard water but was wondering if any of you guys have ever tried using a hydro wave unit while ice fishing. I ask because it sure seems to pull perch up off the bottom when I am dropshotting and get crappie fired up.. just curious.

2. Member
    I have not. Thought about it though.

3. Member
    they make an ice fishing hydrowave called the ice mini system $109.99. haven't tried it but I'm interested

Mini sucks, buddy tried it, I use my h2, turn delay to maximum, turn sound a click lower as it is very quiet and must carry well inter the hard ice, I mounted a speaker to my flx28 ducer and have the base on the top of my carry case
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Speakers float so that is why I zip tied to my ducer, and you probably don't want water to freeze on it, so spot jumping with a wheeler is not great.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Mini sucks, buddy tried it, I use my h2, turn delay to maximum, turn sound a click lower as it is very quiet and must carry well inter the hard ice, I mounted a speaker to my flx28 ducer and have the base on the top of my carry case
    And...

Works like it does in the summer, I would not buy one for winter to start with, if you had one for the boat a extra speaker sitting in the closet doesn't hurt much. Many people say they work, many say there a gimic, I see both ways and I have book worth of typing (which is not going to happen) to explain my findings and suggested operating strategies

8. Member
    I've just thought of trying one to see if schools of perch may stick around longer instead of constantly moving.

No food= they keep moving, perch wouldn't be a prime use for this

10. Member
    I've always found them to be responsive to activity of any kind. They're almost as curious as a smallmouth.

But, they got ADD. If you can't keep one hook almost all the time, they wander off.

I haven't ever put a camera in a Dakota lake and not seen some type of food sourde.

Rite, I use it to bring curious fish in, sometimes it keeps neutral fish away, just have to wing it, I would assume I can lure curious fish in with a lipless rattletrap justbas well as a hydro wave, and that's free and doesn't need a delay setting