PS21 connection issue

I have a ps 21 shaft mounted for the last two years and it’s incredible . Yesterday I got an error that said transducer not connected. Turned my 73dv off and back on and it worked fine. Today, pantopics wasn’t an option on the home screen. I took my unit out to check my connection since I was running t-taps to connect to my peer cable that also supplies power to my graph. Graph works fine. Decided to splice in with a wire nut to hard wire the panoptix power cable directly to the power line. Graph turns on , have regular sonar, but pantopic still isn’t turning on or showing up on the home screen. Never had a problem with this transducer before and just used it two days ago. The transducer is receiving power but idk if it’s runing or just not being recognized by the unit. Any help?

2. Member
    I just updated the latest software. Still doesn’t recognize panoptix.

3. Banned
    Check for power to the ps21. Maybe a fuse or switch you forgot to turn on.

4. Member
    It’s getting power fuse also isn’t busted and looks fine . I guess I can replace it anyway and try

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Have you tried a test light on the fuse to check it?
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmillfishing View Post
    I have a ps 21 shaft mounted for the last two years and it’s incredible . Yesterday I got an error that said transducer not connected. Turned my 73dv off and back on and it worked fine. Today, pantopics wasn’t an option on the home screen. I took my unit out to check my connection since I was running t-taps to connect to my peer cable that also supplies power to my graph. Graph works fine. Decided to splice in with a wire nut to hard wire the panoptix power cable directly to the power line. Graph turns on , have regular sonar, but pantopic still isn’t turning on or showing up on the home screen. Never had a problem with this transducer before and just used it two days ago. The transducer is receiving power but idk if it’s runing or just not being recognized by the unit. Any help?

If you are certain it's getting power then the only other way I know to test it is with another Garmin compatible unit.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

NEVER trust a fuse is good by looking at it.

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    NEVER trust a fuse is good by looking at it.
    +100...... that's why I mentioned using a test light....I had a glass fuse that looked just fine until I used a test light and it proved to be bad......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Member
    I ended up testing the ps21 on another garmin and it didn’t recognize it either. Sent it back to garmin and they sent me a new ps21 no questions asked.