How do I secure screw in hardware to molded hard plastic baits

I have made some small crankbaits that utilize screw in hook eyes.
    The smallish nature (2 sizes-1 5/8" and 2") of these baits prevented me from using a through wire form construction.

I have drilled into the baits about half the length of the threads so that the screw will have something to grip into.
    I would like to secure the screws from any movement, will devcon epoxy or Zap a Gap CA+ work? Any ideas appreciated.

Last edited by earthworm77; 08-11-2018 at 01:14 PM.
    Question everything!

2. Member
    I've done something similar trying to reproduce spybaits and for my propbaits as well. KBS or Devcon 2ton on the screws and then draw them up into place. Be sure to be careful not to get any on the props lol. Mine have stayed in place up against the beating they've taken on lake erie smallies.

3. Member
    I always make a pilot hole with one of those screw eyes first. Then I make some eyelet by wrapping a piece of wire in a U shape around a nail. Use a nail that has the diameter of the eyelet you want. Put the tag ends in a drill and run it IN REVERSE until it forms what look like threads. Reverse is important so it wraps in the same direction as the screw threads. Put some Devcon 2 ton epoxy on them and just slowly screw them in.

I was able to lift a 35lb anchor off the ground with some braid and they didn't pull out.

Allen