Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Welp, here's you November "Monroe" report.. They didn't just take it off the respirator, they injected it with a kill shot.. South and East sides don't look THIS (below) bad, but anywhere there's a patch of anything, you can see the remains of a poisoning.. Never made it to the west side as the wind got stupid.. Fishing would be ok, if you don't mind removing them with pliers.. Little bit of actual grass on the south end, but can't find any green fish it in.. I guess that leaves a little hope that one day the grass could spread back into the lake itself though? Everywhere there used to be grass in the main lake, is now dead muck..

North end, dead.. Had all summer to grow and this is the toolies (reeds) that used to be 4' tall 2-3 months ago.. Don't know why they didn't spray the bank too? Could of killed off the whole thing in one outing.. Guess they need something to come back for.. It'll be the River for me, until mid Feb..

2. Member
    Not doubting you at all but, can you confirm those did not die due to being underwater for so long? I know you are out there a lot and I haven't been there since last year so i am curious if you can confirm seeing them green after the high water? If spray did that - then that is the most collateral damage I have ever seen by a long shot! fishing was terrible before they had the prisoners plant that stuff and it was spectacular for some years after it took hold. Dam shame.

3. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Nah, 2 months ago it had green (new) stalks mixed in, where it was coming back.. It's 100% dead now. Someone either got crossed up on what to spray or just said screw it and sprayed it anyway..

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
    Nah, 2 months ago it had green (new) stalks mixed in, where it was coming back.. It's 100% dead now. Someone either got crossed up on what to spray or just said screw it and sprayed it anyway..
    No screw up, they have sprayed every bit of bulrush at Lake Winder and Poinsett, stands that have been there for many decades. That was all that was left from their years of over spraying. We have had much higher water for a lot longer than this year, so no its not a natural die off. Was out yesterday and the water quality is the worse I have ever seen, anywhere. And guess who was at the ramp when I got back...

5. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post
    No screw up, they have sprayed every bit of bulrush at Lake Winder and Poinsett
    They just don't have any shame.. Im sure its the same on Poinsett/Winder, but there was absolutely ZERO reason anything on Monroe should of been sprayed. That pic of the north was obviously the worst, but there's signs of it everywhere.. It's too bad an agency that's supposed to be all about the Florida wildlife and conservation have such a hand in ruining it.. Money and politics know no bounds I guess. And with a straight face they'll tell you it's necessary and doesn't harm anything..

6. Member
    It is a sad state of affairs for sure.

I used to fish the River anywhere from the Rt 46 Ramp area south to Harney to Lake George at least 1-2 times a week. It was rare to not find a few fish. Now it is a total joke. Water is a mud color and the only bites I am getting is Catfish on Cranks.

I don't even want to fish it anymore and I live like 5-10 minutes from at least 5 ramps.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye1 View Post
    It is a sad state of affairs for sure.

I used to fish the River anywhere from the Rt 46 Ramp area south to Harney to Lake George at least 1-2 times a week. It was rare to not find a few fish. Now it is a total joke. Water is a mud color and the only bites I am getting is Catfish on Cranks.

I don't even want to fish it anymore and I live like 5-10 minutes from at least 5 ramps.
    You are right, I live 10 minutes from Lone Cabbage and fished there the whole time my two boys were growing up, we had a lot of great memories, now I have to drive to find fishable water. When I do try to go back there I just end up being so disgusted and frustrated that its ruins the whole point of getting out to relax and enjoy nature. I drove by the ramps yesterday and the spray boats were out again, probably have been there everyday for who knows how long.

8. Member
    I put this in the Hydrilla Thread, but here is it again.

Last week a friend that fishes the Tenoroc Lakes was planning to fish a different lake that he has been. Couldn't because of all the Dead Fish. The Ranger at the Gate CONFIRMED to him that the Spray Boats had been there and the ACCIDENTLY Sprayed the same lake twice. The result was a Fish Kill in that lake.

Sure it doesn't harm the fish at all.

9. Member
    How is lake George looking was thinking of heading there in december

Near zero veggies below Welaka power line to Lake George...my best 3 banks wiped...
    Lake George had many pvc g-bed markers and near zero now on my best 2 areas...

saw sprayers for the 1st time at work late summer...
    they sprayed on the bank between piers, even small 50 foot deep veg fields obstructing no navigation...

we shall see by summer 2019 was has been wrought in my area I know well...
    the vibe seems very very negative as of now..

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12