Ranger says my 198vx has built in recessed foot pedal ?

So as stated I have a 2009 Ranger 198 VX, called Ranger and they said the trolling motor recessed tray is already in the boat, that i need the template. and the kit to go around cut out. I can see the outline in my carpet so I was just thinking why can't I just cut it out without paying a lot of money, for the template, Has anyone done this that could help me out or might have pics. Thanks Jeff

2. Member
    I believe the template includes the trim ring as well.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Yes the kit does include the template and the Trim Ring.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by jlperkins View Post
    So as stated I have a 2009 Ranger 198 VX, called Ranger and they said the trolling motor recessed tray is already in the boat, that i need the template. and the kit to go around cut out. I can see the outline in my carpet so I was just thinking why can't I just cut it out without paying a lot of money, for the template, Has anyone done this that could help me out or might have pics. Thanks Jeff
    I would advise you to be CAREFUL if you do this as not to mess up the FINISHED gel-coat underneath.

5. Member
    Yes I have a 07 188 and my pedal was on top of the deck, a recess is built into the top cap it' fiberglass and matches your top cap color but the boat was ordered without it being cut out. Because I live 45 minutes from the factory I took it over there earlier this year to have it cut out and trim installed. Remove your bow panel and if you see a piece of PVC coming out of the foam wall under the deck then you do have a recess. Here's a pic of mine after they cut it out. The trim ring keeps the carpet from coming up and fraying at the edge of the recess so you at least need that.

Before

Last edited by Cestratton; 08-12-2018 at 12:23 PM.

6. Scraps
    Don't mess around and try to save a couple bucks. I wouldn't risk a botched install on a great boat to save a couple bucks. Buy the template.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

7. Member
    Don't be like somebody (not me) and use the tray as a hole pattern, and watch it fall right through.

8. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Don't be like somebody (not me) and use the tray as a hole pattern, and watch it fall right through.
    Aiiy. Make all efforts to make this install look factory. This was a mod I should have done a long time ago. Along with the backup camera. so if you don't have the backup camera, do that too!
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post

You know that is an easy fix----- don't you?