USA 2009 Pro XS 250 Possible Motor Mount Issue

I notice the other day that there seem to be a some play in the motor. The S/N on the motor is 1B735744 Nov of 2008 250XS L. I have pulled the bottom cowel and really can not see anything. I have a camera that I will put in the spot where the mounts. What should I see if there is an issue? I can send a video clip not sure i can add to post.

2. Member
    Have a Pro look at it......its really dangerous to operate, if there is a issue.......

3. Member
    Mine broke a couple years ago. Have a pro look at it. If it is indeed broke, i would try your insurance. I have State Farm and they covered the repairs.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Normally, if you will tilt it up to about 1/2" off the short trim rams (just above the TRIM range), you would note that grabbing the gearcase and rocking up-and-down produced substantial movement (much more than one might expect), if the upper mounts (or adapter plate/clamp plate) were damaged.

I would still recommend having a trained technician inspect it.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thank you. I will plan to do that for sure... Thanks again...