Thread: 2D and DI Shots

2D and DI Shots

Went out for a little boating and swimming with the Wife and Grandson yesterday and just had to ride over a couple of brushpiles to look see if anyone was home. No fishing but I took a couple of screenshots with the transducer that came with my Helix 10 Mega SI/DI combo. DI shots look good, most think the Humminbird 2d is not very good but I think these shots look pretty good. Opinions please.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    The DI appears to be a little hot but otherwise good images. Looks like there may have been a few residents...LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    My Helix 10 Chirp Mega DI GPS G2N will be here next week. Really looking fwd to using it as a replacement for my bow 998c SI. However, I’ll have to wait since I will be swapping out the transom xcdr that comes with it for the trolling motor puck. Sucks that I can’t choose which xdcr I want on the initial purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    My Helix 10 Chirp Mega DI GPS G2N will be here next week. Really looking fwd to using it as a replacement for my bow 998c SI. However, I’ll have to wait since I will be swapping out the transom xcdr that comes with it for the trolling motor puck. Sucks that I can’t choose which xdcr I want on the initial purchase.
    They should include the trolling motor transducer standard with the DI units and do a swap if you need the transom mount.....many more people are putting DI units on the bow than the transom......Then a lot of people don't do the swap and get interference and have to buy the DI transducer later.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

5. Member
    Bob B you're exactly right!

6. Member
    I agree as well!

7. Member
    I looked around online and have found several retailers that say they have this new transducer in stock but it cost around $175 bucks. From Humminbird I've heard anywhere from 1 week to 6 weeks backorder for their transducer exchange.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    The DI appears to be a little hot but otherwise good images. Looks like there may have been a few residents...LOL
    When I swapped out transducers, Humminbird let me purchase the new one and ship back the replacement when I got the unit in. When they received the transom transducer, they credited my account with the difference. Sped things up a little.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krischambers View Post
    When I swapped out transducers, Humminbird let me purchase the new one and ship back the replacement when I got the unit in. When they received the transom transducer, they credited my account with the difference. Sped things up a little.
    That’s the arrangement they made with me this morning.

11. Member
    I was fortunate enough to find the transducer locally, private sale, for a good price. Hbird was out of stock on it. I am just going to hang on to the new transom mount for just in case situations.
    2021 FXR21LE