PS30/PS31 discounted soon?

What are the chances the original Panoptix will be discounted this season?

I'd like to get a 30 here real soon.

2. Member
    I'm not sure they will be discounted anytime soon. The Forward has already seen the PS21, 22 and now LiveScope. They have a unique feature set. In the Forward category, Garmin is competing with itself so the biggest question people face is deciding which one (Garmin) to get. On the PS30 I do wonder if they will develop a version of LiveScope that sees both left and right. Looks like they would only need to add two more arrays of elements to give a full 180 view. That would be a direct competitor to the PS30 and to the current LiveScope. I don't have any inside info about this, just idle speculation. I really don't see it happening unless there is an outside competitor. A PS30 type transducer that didn't have the dead space at the top would certainly be a step forward. It wouldn't help my walleye fishing since I'm looking pretty deep anyway, but it would be a knockout for the bass fisherman. It's the best search tool I have.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    I think Garmin ran a $200 rebate program earlier this season?

4. Member
    Right. Then they introduced LiveScope. Timing a purchase is always difficult. I tell everybody that for birthdays and Christmas to get me Cabelas Gift cards. Then I try to match a mfg rebate or discount with a Cabelas Club 10% off day. Doesn't always work but has a time or two.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.