Thread: New AVX 2080

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerEarl View Post
    I went and look at this boat in person.... They are SWEET!

Hoping to ride in it, in the next couple weeks! This might very well be the boat I fish out of next year.

60-65 mph in a 20' aluminum boat with a 200 is plenty fast! I fish against the best fishermen in the Ozarks with a 1995 481vs with a 150 merc on it doing 58 mph, and won AOY for 2018. I would focus more on your ability to catch fish, and less on being able to outrun the guy that is 1 boat number in front of you! ;)
    i can vouch that Earl regularly takes my entry fee :-)

2. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmc949 View Post
    The rear compartment lid seems very small. The space is there on the sides, but installing and accessing the 4 batteries, charger, spare prop, and powerpole pumps may be tough.
    great view of the bilge compartment at about 1:15 in this video

https://vexusboats.com/company/videos/#play-video

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerEarl View Post
    I went and look at this boat in person.... They are SWEET!

Hoping to ride in it, in the next couple weeks! This might very well be the boat I fish out of next year.

60-65 mph in a 20' aluminum boat with a 200 is plenty fast! I fish against the best fishermen in the Ozarks with a 1995 481vs with a 150 merc on it doing 58 mph, and won AOY for 2018. I would focus more on your ability to catch fish, and less on being able to outrun the guy that is 1 boat number in front of you! ;)
    Bingo. If most of these guys would worry about catching fish than racing boats they would be better off.

4. Member
    In the release video he mentioned more models in the next few weeks. Any timeline?

5. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    no definite release dates yet.
    stay tuned, more to come .

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    Looks nice but I can see it rocking
    ^^^^^This! I want to like them, but every time they show it stopped and a guy walking around on the deck talking about it --- it is sitting there rocking. I look at that and think I'd better stick to an all fiberglass boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffprocraft190 View Post
    ^^^^^This! I want to like them, but every time they show it stopped and a guy walking around on the deck talking about it --- it is sitting there rocking. I look at that and think I'd better stick to an all fiberglass boat.
    The boats empty so its going to rock. When I purchased my 521 it did the same exact thing. It's a boat that's what they do.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

8. Member
    Let somebody video you walking around on your boat while at rest . You might be surprised at what you don’t notice while in it .

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    motorguide Xi5 80 with pinpoint gps
    Lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan console
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

9. Member
    Quick question does anyone know what the GVWR of the tandem axle trailer for it is?

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    The boats empty so its going to rock. When I purchased my 521 it did the same exact thing. It's a boat that's what they do.
    The 150 pounds of soft plastics that will invariably be stuffed in various compartments will take care of the rocking.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

11. Member
    Really looks sharp! Don't care for the half plastic lid handles. The all metal (chrome) would look better. Might be an upgrade.

Have a good one and thank God for it!

12. Member
    the compression latches are not cheap, if that is what you are referring to. Shocking how much those are, with or without plastic. Shit my triton is covered in plastic. haha

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    The 150 pounds of soft plastics that will invariably be stuffed in various compartments will take care of the rocking.
    So if you had another adult lay horizontally across the deck all that rocking would stop? I dont think tackle weight plays that big of a role and this boat isnt “empty” as someone else said its full of rods livewell is half full batteries are all there. Just missing tackle. How this boat moves in this video is pretty much how its gonna be. Like most the other tins out there they move when you move no way around it.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

14. Member
    Laying on the deck doesn't change anything very much. The weight in the boxes is lower so it will have a better stabilizing effect that weight on the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    Laying on the deck doesn't change anything very much. The weight in the boxes is lower so it will have a better stabilizing effect that weight on the deck.
    Fair enough lay across the cockpit area then. The compartments dont go all the way down to the bottom of the hull. Regardless the weight of tackle effect on the rocking will be neglegible at best. Its in the hull design and since its not designed with a flat bottom or on pontoons rocking is going to happen.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    Fair enough lay across the cockpit area then. The compartments dont go all the way down to the bottom of the hull. Regardless the weight of tackle effect on the rocking will be neglegible at best. Its in the hull design and since its not designed with a flat bottom or on pontoons rocking is going to happen.
    Thats partially true, ALL boats rock some amount. Deeper vee’s will rock more than a mod Vee, at least in ocean boats they do. My statement is true in the sense that the lower the weight is in the hull it will reduce rocking. If you don’t want any rocking maybe you should fish from the shore.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    Thats partially true, ALL boats rock some amount. Deeper vee’s will rock more than a mod Vee, at least in ocean boats they do. My statement is true in the sense that the lower the weight is in the hull it will reduce rocking. If you don’t want any rocking maybe you should fish from the shore.
    Im not the one complaining about the rocking. Unlike alot of people i understand that an aluminum bass boat will rock some. Its not as big a deal as alot of folks make it. Im just pointing out that adding a couple hundred pounds of tackle eliminating or even reducing the rocking is pretty far fetched. No matter if the weight is on top of the deck or 18” below it......
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

18. Member
    She's gonna rock they all do.

19. Member
    I just back from a trip to tour the factory and get a demo ride on the 2080.....I’m guessing the video was shot with the compartments empty....as when I did my demo ride is did have some gear in it as they had been fishing out of it.....it did not sit high out of the water like in the video.....and as far as the rocking .....there was a little but not like I saw in the video.......go do a tour and test ride and if your looking to buy you will more then likely order on the spot. Placed my order for a 2080 and can’t wait for it to show up

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FiremanKen View Post
    I just back from a trip to tour the factory and get a demo ride on the 2080.....I’m guessing the video was shot with the compartments empty....as when I did my demo ride is did have some gear in it as they had been fishing out of it.....it did not sit high out of the water like in the video.....and as far as the rocking .....there was a little but not like I saw in the video.......go do a tour and test ride and if your looking to buy you will more then likely order on the spot. Placed my order for a 2080 and can’t wait for it to show up
    Nice job, congrats

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast