Thread: New AVX 2080

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Banned
    Guys, Look at the video it will clearly show boat wakes coming from the side causing the rocking. Also if you put a Go Pro in your boat and watch the video you will be shocked at how much your boat moves around.

2. Member
    How in the world is a 19 foot boat not rated for 200 HP!? Xpress X19 is 200 HP with what seems to be same transom support(5 knee braces). Maybe the Vexus moderator can chime in on the Horsepower ratings for both the 19 and 20?? Bump it up and I am a customer- I love the fit and finish of this boat(Xpress does not have this)! And I am a happy X19 Xpress owner(still have same boat for 14 years and its still a 70+mph machine)......68-70 with full tourney load(empty livewell)...this is what I expect from my next 200 HP class boat.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8basser View Post
    How in the world is a 19 foot boat not rated for 200 HP!? Xpress X19 is 200 HP with what seems to be same transom support(5 knee braces). Maybe the Vexus moderator can chime in on the Horsepower ratings for both the 19 and 20?? Bump it up and I am a customer- I love the fit and finish of this boat(Xpress does not have this)! And I am a happy X19 Xpress owner(still have same boat for 14 years and its still a 70+mph machine)......68-70 with full tourney load(empty livewell)...this is what I expect from my next 200 HP class boat.
    The main reason they're doing this is to compete against the Ranger RT198 market, and it's working! More people are opting for a AVX 1980s than the RT198s. You'll notice Vexus is also competing against Ranger's RT188 platform with the AVX 1880. Both the AVX models have much better quality and layout compared to the competition.

If they up the HP ratings, then they'll be competing on a different bracket all together.

As for the Vexus 2080, I believe they're mostly targeting people on the fence between this and the Crestliner PT20 which has similar specs, but again, the AVX 2080 is much better in quality and layout.

So there's a reason for limiting these HP ratings, and it's not because they can't, but because they want to specifically target a certain market. I'm sure they won't admit it, but that's probably their marketing ploy (and it's a good one).

4. Member
    ^^^^^^^ I would agree completely, even if they don’t admit it.

"So there's a reason for limiting these HP ratings, and it's not because they can't, but because they want to specifically target a certain market. I'm sure they won't admit it, but that's probably their marketing ploy (and it's a good one)."

So you are saying they could rate the boats with more HP than what they are but they are not because they want to compete with Ranger? Do you really believe that?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    "So there's a reason for limiting these HP ratings, and it's not because they can't, but because they want to specifically target a certain market. I'm sure they won't admit it, but that's probably their marketing ploy (and it's a good one)."

So you are saying they could rate the boats with more HP than what they are but they are not because they want to compete with Ranger? Do you really believe that?
    yes I think it’s highly possible. They changed their product line up just a little by adding the bigger 2080 model for those that wanted more hp. They save money by going after the established RT market which they helped develope, so they know that customer well.

7. Member
    I think they are afraid of their hulls cracking and having to deal with warranty issues, just like the early Xpress models and the G3 Series. You'll notice G3 no longer makes one anymore holding 200 plus... all the ones around here cracked up.

8. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

9. Member
    Who cares if it’s a business decision or an engineering decision? There’s no shortage of options in the tin boat market. Find the boat that will make you happy. If you can’t find one, go custom

10. Member
    There was a Fishing for the CALL tournament at Diamond City on Bull Shoals yesterday and I saw a 2080 trailer hooked to a new F250. Was it Keith?

11. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    There was a Fishing for the CALL tournament at Diamond City on Bull Shoals yesterday and I saw a 2080 trailer hooked to a new F250. Was it Keith?

Could have been , not sure what his weekend plans were

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Could have been , not sure what his weekend plans were
    Trailer fenders were white truck was a new F250 2-tone white with grey rocker panels from Clay Maxey Ford. It had a Vexus liscense plate on the front.

13. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Several Vexus guys have newer F250’s , but my money would be on it being Keith.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234