Thread: New AVX 2080

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very nice rig. Well done

2. Member
    Very nice rig. I did not see a lot that would make me choose it over my xpress. I dont understand the port and center rod locker. I would rather have a tackle storage compartment in the center locker. My old triton 176 mag had a divide storage locker in the middle and 2 in the back. That is the main feature I miss from that boat.

But all in all, if this had been out when I was in the market it would have been between the Vexus and Xpress. Pricing would have been the deciding factor.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

3. Member
    I do blast off on a tournament morning at 60 and do just fine, but I am just a local club tournament guy, don't need to do 80 for that 200 dollar check haha. Performance once the trolling motor is down is what I am looking for. Spend 95% of my time on the bow anyways. Never thought though this would be any speed demon.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 18RangerZ520L View Post
    I'm standing by for the fiberglass 20'-21' models.....
    Me too. But, that is the finest layed out aluminum rig I"'ve ever seen. If I was buying aluminum, THAT is it. Unless, of course, they make a 21 footer with a 225 or 250 on it.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    Me too. But, that is the finest layed out aluminum rig I"'ve ever seen. If I was buying aluminum, THAT is it. Unless, of course, they make a 21 footer with a 225 or 250 on it.
    That will be next

6. Member
    I would like to see more pics of the boat on the trailer. Maybe some different angles with close ups and further away shots.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brand4440 View Post
    I would like to see more pics of the boat on the trailer. Maybe some different angles with close ups and further away shots.
    No pictures will do it justice. Do yourself a favor and go see them in person.

8. Banned
    Ok so you saw one how much are they?

9. Member
    I have seen a 1980 and 1880 in person and love them. Fit and finish is great. Just wanted more pics of the boat on the duel axle trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    It does seem to sit high in the nose and it looked as if it may rock a little, other than that it looks awesome, maybe they can do a video with two fishermen in the boat and also show the stability of the platform.
    2 topics that get beat to death on the tin forum bow sitting too high and too much movement. I for one like bow hih i can see much better. You look at alot of glass rigs they sit bow high as well. The stability thing. Its an object sitting on water its going to move. I swear a few of the rt ranger owners over there made it sound like it was a rock sitting on the lake and moved zero which we all know is totally untrue. I fished from one it moves not alot but of course there is a reaction from people moving. My cousins basscat p4 would too its sitting on WATER. That part i didnt even give thought to on the video. He bow storage is cool if you have alot of rods but tackle storage seems a tad lacking. No organizer for 3700 style boxes? I dont like my tackle in the rear storage myself thats why im asking?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

11. Member
    As others have said, it looks to sit pretty bow high at rest which tells me it going to catch alot of wind. Stability seems iffy also as with only one guy in the boat....a small guy, it rocks considerably. Why no gas struts on the front side lockers or rear access hatch? First day out in the wind, you'll be missing those. Surely a nice boat, but its not the all out breakthrough to me that its billed to be. I'm looking forward to seeing the glass boats though.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

12. Member
    I had to add gas struts to my Triton on the front and rear compartment. Like the compression latches. I would really have to get in a Vexus on the water to see for myself. So used to my glass, having that stability with a little kid and a father whose not getting any younger are important. I grew up fishing aluminum, pops still has his 2002 Lowe 160, and we use it on smaller lakes. I have grown to really love my glass as far as stability goes. I know there are drawbacks to changing, but I would have to get in one to really know. Lots easier testing driving a car, never test drive a boat. Most my dealers are not on the water. Future years I am assuming some box storage will be built into the bow storage. That would be a nice upgrade down the road. Though I do not have that in my 15 Triton, and it works just fine. Cover not included in base price correct or any electronics. Those would be upgrades I assume.

13. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I think its a really sharp boat. Kind of surprised the speeds were only listed as low to mid 60's though. I bet its faster than that with the 200 on it.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    2 topics that get beat to death on the tin forum bow sitting too high and too much movement. I for one like bow hih i can see much better. You look at alot of glass rigs they sit bow high as well. The stability thing. Its an object sitting on water its going to move. I swear a few of the rt ranger owners over there made it sound like it was a rock sitting on the lake and moved zero which we all know is totally untrue. I fished from one it moves not alot but of course there is a reaction from people moving. My cousins basscat p4 would too its sitting on WATER. That part i didnt even give thought to on the video. He bow storage is cool if you have alot of rods but tackle storage seems a tad lacking. No organizer for 3700 style boxes? I dont like my tackle in the rear storage myself thats why im asking?
    My Triton rod storage is very similar to that, I only keep about 4 rods in that center box, they are the ones that I always have on the deck, then I keep quite a bit of my tackle in that center box, works good for me.

15. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is due every day."

16. Member
    Where is the extra 4 inch’s in the boat compared to the 1980? Did the aluminum gauge change in the 2080?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by icebound View Post
    Where is the extra 4 inch’s in the boat compared to the 1980? Did the aluminum gauge change in the 2080?
    All fiberglass inside but they didn’t raze the lips under the lids .Have to count on weather stripping to keep the water out has never worked in the past

18. Member
    The rear compartment lid seems very small. The space is there on the sides, but installing and accessing the 4 batteries, charger, spare prop, and powerpole pumps may be tough.

19. BBC SPONSOR
    I went and look at this boat in person.... They are SWEET!

Hoping to ride in it, in the next couple weeks! This might very well be the boat I fish out of next year.

60-65 mph in a 20' aluminum boat with a 200 is plenty fast! I fish against the best fishermen in the Ozarks with a 1995 481vs with a 150 merc on it doing 58 mph, and won AOY for 2018. I would focus more on your ability to catch fish, and less on being able to outrun the guy that is 1 boat number in front of you! ;)

20. Member
    Exactly Earl, same thing I was saying earlier. If you do ride in it, send me a PM and let me know how it was. Be curious as you are basically coming out of the same size boat in glass as me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast