Thread: Dock Shooting!

Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

Dock Shooting!

What rod does everyone use for shooting docks? This is something Im wanting to get better at doing!

2. Member
    Don't have docks to shoot here but it would be handy when the lakes are full or up, to shoot under overhanging limbs.

3. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Don't have docks to shoot here but it would be handy when the lakes are full or up, to shoot under overhanging limbs.
    We have thousands of docks on Grand Lake. I figure now is as good of a time to learn as ever. lol

4. T Dub
    I bought two of Wally’s 7ft speed shooters earlier this year and like them a lot! Shoot great and we’re only around $40 each if I remember correctly. I use them for casting grubs too, not just shooting. I would like to get one of the short ones next season for when The boat is butted up against docks to keep from slapping the tip on the underside of the wood

5. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T Dub View Post
    I bought two of Wally’s 7ft speed shooters earlier this year and like them a lot! Shoot great and we’re only around $40 each if I remember correctly. I use them for casting grubs too, not just shooting. I would like to get one of the short ones next season for when The boat is butted up against docks to keep from slapping the tip on the underside of the wood
    Good to know, I will check them out.

6. Member
    I have one of the 7 ft Speed Shooters. Use it for about everything--casting, shooting, skipping. It did take me a bit to get used to it as the Power is Lite to Med-Lite but the ACTION is FAST. I took a few jigs away from 'em at first.

7. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
    I have one of the 7 ft Speed Shooters. Use it for about everything--casting, shooting, skipping. It did take me a bit to get used to it as the Power is Lite to Med-Lite but the ACTION is FAST. I took a few jigs away from 'em at first.