Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    The Aldebaran MGL feels and fishes great on the 3 power NRX rods, and the 2 power rods. The NRX 853 really feels at home with 12# line and a 1/4 oz T-rig or a 3/8 jig - much more and it's stressed. If you get up to 15# line and are trying to make extremely long casts, then the Aldebaran MGL will have an issue. Sticking in the comfort zone of the rod and it's best feel, there's nothing wrong with the Aldebaran at all. The Metanium is a good option too if you want to stay light and up the line capacity.
    3/8 jigs and 1/8 shakey heads are kind of her go to baits along with a fluke or Senko. We've got plenty Caras to cover other applications just thought I'd treat her to a NRX that matches her main bait choices which sounds like the 853 should do it.

You'll be just fine. That's a great stick as is the GLX, basically the same blank with diff guide train.
    Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

3. Member
    I have a couple of classic CU200 Bantam Curado's available? One new, one excellent

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I have a couple of classic CU200 Bantam Curado's available? One new, one excellent
    I've got a pristine Curado 200BSF, it was a HS graduation gift from my Uncle. I use it with kid gloves but those reels are too big for her small hands. I've still got my white Coriolis that my Uncle bought me, it was my first baitcaster. The only reels I've ever sold (two) were ones I bought on here and didn't need. All my reels have some sort of personal value like my wife's first baitcaster a Chronarch B I bought for her, the Curado e7's my wife buying for me or me buying for her when we were in college and broke but still bought rods and reels, a pristine Chronarch D7 for me and Calais for her that her mom bought us for wedding gifts (she's since passed), and all the others on our collection. Every rod and reel we have has a meaning it's weird but that's our passion together. Everything is Falcon Cara and Shimano. I'm ready to treat her with the NRX that I've ordered just have to choose a reel to go along with the rod, dont really want to put a Citica on there if you know what I mean lol.
    Last edited by Cestratton; 08-13-2018 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I've got a pristine Curado 200BSF, it was a HS graduation gift from my Uncle. I use it with kid gloves but those reels are too big for her small hands. I've still got my white Coriolis that my Uncle bought me, it was my first baitcaster. The only reels I've ever sold (two) were ones I bought on here and didn't need. All my reels have some sort of personal value like my wife's first baitcaster a Chronarch B I bought for her, the Curado e7's my wife buying for me or me buying for her when we were in college and broke but still bought rods and reels, a pristine Chronarch D7 for me and Calais for her that her mom bought us for wedding gifts (she's since passed), and all the others on our collection. Every rod and reel we have has a meaning it's weird but that's our passion together. Everything is Falcon Cara and Shimano. I'm ready to treat her with the NRX that I've ordered just have to choose a reel to go along with the rod, dont really want to put a Citica on there if you know what I mean lol.
    Thats awesome! Have fun with it! Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Can you PM me pics?

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

7. Member
    Since she likes Chronarchs and you want too really please her get the 6.2 bantam..it will prob become her favorite
    Last edited by Chato; 08-14-2018 at 03:37 PM. Reason: grammar

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chato View Post
    Since she likes Chronarchs and you want too really please her get the 6.2 bantam..it will prob become her favorite
    She likes her Metanium MGL as well. She dosen't have a Chronarch MGL, just the Ci4, but I do. She loves the size of her Curdo 70 and E7's because of her small hands.

9. Member
    I also have Metanium reels..Bantam is a WOW reel

10. Member
    Just save the headache of finding one. go with Curado 70 !

11. Member
    Get the bantam mgl. Palms like a 50/70, fishes like a 150. Quite possibly the best casting reel Shimano has ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by jmd143 View Post
    Get the bantam mgl. Palms like a 50/70, fishes like a 150. Quite possibly the best casting reel Shimano has ever made.
    I'm beginning to think this as well. It's far and away my favorite Shimano reel since the Chronarch D series. The more I fish the Bantam MGL, the more I love it...

However, I still think she would love the Aldebaran MGL paired up with the NRX 853c...

13. Member
    Ok so pretty much decided Alde 50 MGL. Goofing off on the internet today I see the JDM Alde 30 MGL. Now US version says 12lb 65 yards per Shimano website. JDM 30 says 12lb 65 meters per Japan website which equals 71 yards. What's the difference?

14. Member
    Anybody know?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    I'm beginning to think this as well. It's far and away my favorite Shimano reel since the Chronarch D series. The more I fish the Bantam MGL, the more I love it...

However, I still think she would love the Aldebaran MGL paired up with the NRX 853c...
    very interesting... after compare the specs from SHIMANO US & SHIMANO JP, I found the aldebaran 30MGL has more line capacity than the 50MGL (for 8# & 10# Mono)... something is not right

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kosiko View Post
    very interesting... after compare the specs from SHIMANO US & SHIMANO JP, I found the aldebaran 30MGL has more line capacity than the 50MGL (for 8# & 10# Mono)... something is not right
    Gary explained that their line diameter classification is different than our US diameters. I have a JDM MET MGL and argued this fact and I believe someone spooled a JDM reel from a US reel and the JDM came up short having a shallower spool.

I fish nearly every reel you have mentioned minus the Chronarchs. For what baits you are describing my two reels I use are the Aldebaran 50 and the Curado 70 if its under 1/2 ounce. Anything else its mostly Metanium MGL’s or E7’s with a couple Curado K’s thrown in the mix. I have a little over a months time using the new Bantam MGL but I have been using it for heavy swimbaits and havent thrown anything under 1.5 ounces on it so I couldnt offer any info on lighter baits. The Aldebaran would be an awesome reel for the rod you chose if you can make the lack of line capacity work for you.

The Curado DC is pretty bad ass I have three coming! I got to spend the day playing with it and showing customers it before iCast! Love the thing.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos21XL View Post
    I fish nearly every reel you have mentioned minus the Chronarchs. For what baits you are describing my two reels I use are the Aldebaran 50 and the Curado 70 if its under 1/2 ounce. Anything else its mostly Metanium MGL’s or E7’s with a couple Curado K’s thrown in the mix. I have a little over a months time using the new Bantam MGL but I have been using it for heavy swimbaits and havent thrown anything under 1.5 ounces on it so I couldnt offer any info on lighter baits. The Aldebaran would be an awesome reel for the rod you chose if you can make the lack of line capacity work for you.
    The Alde MGL is my plan but after buying two NRX rods from Tackle Trap I need a couple of weeks plus her birthday isn't until October and since I've got her NRX stashed away I've got time on the reel. I'm just going to put the combo in the boat rigged wit a 3/8 jig and when we get to our first hole and start pulling rods out I'll hand it to her like no big deal.

20. Member
    That’s awesome , she will love it. Happy wife happy life !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast