Lews Tournament Pro side plate screw

I noticed the other day that the screw that went across the reel and held the side plate in place was missing. Contacted Lews and they sent me a new screw assembly to put in it. When I went to put it in I found out that the old screw is in there just the head and about 1/4 inch of the screw were gone obviously broken off. Any ideas how to get it out of there? A screw extractor is too big to get in the hole.

2. Member
    You can try a pair of needle nose and unscrew the bar. Or a pair of side biters and cut that screw where you have a little more access to it and then unscrew it.

3. Scraps
    Maybe a tiny flat screwdriver, like ones used for eyeglasses. Jam it in there, or maybe tap it, to get a bite on the old screw, and try to back it out real slow. I think the old screw, isn't exposed through the reel?
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Don't know how this reel is made, so forgive my outside-the-box approach: Are there other screws holding it together that you could remove, and pull the side plate off with the shaft of the broken screw attached?

5. Member
    It actually came out using needle nose pliers and just turning the bar. Didn't realize the screw shaft was exposed. Thought it was inside another tube. Thanks for the suggestions.