Getting dialed in

Made my best run today in the boat I bought in late June. Solo with a half tank of fuel, empty livewell, light gear load, and my 260 pounds. X19 Tournament Series Dual Console / 175 HPDI, TR04 23 pitch prop, 4" PTP, 5500 RPM. 63.2 MPH. I feel like I'm pretty much topped out since I don't want to run on the limiter. I still have good water pressure. Should I try raising another 1/2 inch, maybe another prop, or am I maxed out?
    2005 Xpress X19 Tournament Series Dual Console
    Yamaha VMAX HPDI 175

2. Member
    What jack plate do you have? And if that is a power tech prop , you can do better. 4 inches seems a little deep but that depends on the jackplate
    2010 Xpress X21TS. 250 proXS
    2015 1860 grizzly. 40 Merc 4s

Quote Originally Posted by hog power View Post
    What jack plate do you have? And if that is a power tech prop , you can do better. 4 inches seems a little deep but that depends on the jackplate
    I have a 6" Hi Jacker jackplate. Seems like everyone is running 3 and 1/2 to 3 and 3/4 inches PTP. I just wasn't sure much more than 63 was possible. I am running a PowerTech but it is a TR04 which is a Trophy copy and I read the Trophy is the best prop for this hull. I am certainly open to going up some more on the plate. Water pressure is good. I wonder if there is a 3 blade prop that would be better. Whatever I do I want to stay at 5500. I want this motor to last a long time.
    Last edited by BassinTN; 08-12-2018 at 07:09 AM.
    Yamaha VMAX HPDI 175

Maybe another one job left. Need more setback ten to twelve would help.

5. Member
    Lose that powertech!
    \" If you ain\'t first, you\'re last!\"

6. Member
    This engine is a two stroke with exhaust through the hub correct? Do you think it out preforms the SHO 4 strokes? Is it as prop sensitive on the X19 boats as the 4 strokes? At that speed I would think that you are well on the pad with your setup so what speed could you expect to max out with?
    2019 x19 175 SHO 12” Bobs jack plate

Quote Originally Posted by Jessxpress View Post
    This engine is a two stroke with exhaust through the hub correct? Do you think it out preforms the SHO 4 strokes? Is it as prop sensitive on the X19 boats as the 4 strokes? At that speed I would think that you are well on the pad with your setup so what speed could you expect to max out with?
    I don't have any experience with a SHO so I can't say how they compare. As far as maxing out speed, I would think I am close now without running on the rev limiter, but I really don't know. I am going to go up another 1/2 inch on the plate, and keep my eyes open for a Tempest Plus 3 blade which I'll send to Croxton to be balanced and blueprinted.
    Yamaha VMAX HPDI 175

Quote Originally Posted by BassinTN View Post
    I don't have any experience with a SHO so I can't say how they compare. As far as maxing out speed, I would think I am close now without running on the rev limiter, but I really don't know. I am going to go up another 1/2 inch on the plate, and keep my eyes open for a Tempest Plus 3 blade which I'll send to Croxton to be balanced and blueprinted.
    Odd number tro4s are decent props. I had similar set up tempest not that great. Mid sixties is good with Jodi small block.