2006 225 HPDI trim stop?

My trim gauge is not working on my motor so I decided to inspect. Under the motor I noticed a black clamp with a bar on it. The clamp was broken and therefore the bar sticking up (which I assume is a stop bar for the trim sending unit) was just spinning. What is the proper name for this piece and how does it work? Where can I get a new one?
    2006 Ranger Z20 Comanche

2. Member
    It's called a trim cam. The plastic ones always break. New one will be stainless. Your local yamaha dealer should have one as it's a common part to replace. Make sure your trim sender is not frozen. Being a freshwater motor I would imagine it's not.

3. Member
    Yeah I checked it and it's free. Is there a certain way to put that cam on so that it will be set in the right position?
    Last edited by Bumrush; 08-11-2018 at 12:56 PM.
    2006 Ranger Z20 Comanche

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumrush View Post
    Yeah I checked it and it's free. Is there a certain way to put that cam on so that it will be set in the right position?
    There is a dimple on the trim cam that fits into a small hole on the steering tube. I'm not sure why everyone seems to have such a problem getting them adjusted. Changed one out last week on an F150 and had no problem getting proper adjustment. Maybe I am missing something. Trim cam part # 99999-03830-00

5. Member
    Thanks got the part ordered, haven't seen the new metal one yet. Thanks for the help
    2006 Ranger Z20 Comanche