Thread: Brookville

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Brookville

Decided to try it there tomorrow. I’ve only been there once while camping and used their ramp. Any suggestions on which public ramp to use (or stay away from)? I’m assuming there will be lots of pleasure boaters.

2. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Sorry, just now saw your comment. Most all of the ramps are going to be crowded on any given weekend day. I never go down there on weekends, unless its just to watch the crowds try to maneuver around the ramps. What ramp did you choose?
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

3. Member
    No worries. Went to Garr Hill to stay away from all the hustle because I was by myself. It was busy, but not too bad.

4. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Did you do any good?
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE

5. Member
    Unfortunately not. I started the morning trying to find fish off of deep ledges, but since I don’t know the lake, I spent a lot of time graphing. Fishing deep is relatively new to me. After no luck, I started beating the bank and caught 2 small ones. Tough day.

6. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I didn't get down there this past week, but for the two weeks before, its been tough for me too. Prior to that, I was doing pretty good. I know the lake well, but have never had any kind of luck to brag about, fishing offshore. I know some do well at it though.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE

7. Member
    We had a Richmond Bass Club event there sunday out of Hanna creek. It was very tough. 2 limits caught out of about 12 or 13 boats. Me and my partner were able to squeak out a small limit catching our 4th and 5th fish with 7mins remaining in tournament....lucky. and pulled out 2nd place. Good for our points and confidence...lol
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

8. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I was down there this morning for about 3 hours and didn't even get a bite.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE

9. Member
    I'm heading back this weekend with the family. We're actually thinking about camping a night or two. Are there any crappie or bluegill in the lake? I'd love to get my 10 yr old daughter on some. She likes to hang out in the boat with me, but doesn't have the patience for bass fishing yet. I'd appreciate any tips or spots to try. It would make my day if I just left my rods in the box and watch her catch some fish with a bobber and worm!

10. Member
    I'd try Quaker town docks, a lot of house boats docked there.
    North end, by the way.

11. Member
    No idea re crappie but it has been tough lately, heading there Sunday putting in at Hannah.

Plenty of crappie and plenty of standing timber and trees all over the lake to catch them in. also, plenty of competition for the best spots among crappie fisherman, so get there early.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick2018 View Post
    I'm heading back this weekend with the family. We're actually thinking about camping a night or two. Are there any crappie or bluegill in the lake? I'd love to get my 10 yr old daughter on some. She likes to hang out in the boat with me, but doesn't have the patience for bass fishing yet. I'd appreciate any tips or spots to try. It would make my day if I just left my rods in the box and watch her catch some fish with a bobber and worm!
    Not sure if you already made that trip, but you might want to consider Whitewater if you are looking for some fun fishing with your daughter. It fishes a little more consistent as far as panfishing/keeping a child's interest. Trolling motor only keeps the crowds down as well...

14. Member
    Thanks all. Went out this morning before the rain. Since there was so much wind, I put on spook for her and she had 4 consecutive bass hits but couldn’t catch one. I then found some standing timber in a cove away from the wind and she caught a 4lb catfish on a worm and bobber!

15. Member
    Went yesterday with both kids, that is always entertaining lol. We all caught fish, 6 total in the boat, more lost on battle, all smallmouth, no KY or LM. All fish and hits came on topwater and Smallie Beavers.

Talked to a guy fishing a small husband/wife tourney, he mentioned that B'ville is now an awesome smallie fishery. That surprised me, as I haven't fished out there the last 4-5 years much. Guess I need to hit it more often.

16. Member

Nice one Moose

18. Banned
    Wow... I knew there where some big ones... Dan

19. Member
    That is nice, Moose - gotta find some of those myself lol.

20. Member
    There are giants in there. Hard to catch. Buddy of mine caught a 6.2 in our club event a few years back.
    Red DiRT Baits
    River Rat Tackle
    PH Custom Lures
    Zana Baits
    Solar Bat Sunglasses

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast