Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    I have been saying for a long time that the best bassboat in the world with the best fit and finish around bar none, has a crazy issue with the fit on the trailer which can cause damage that could be avoided for almost nothing. It is still Allison's issue to correct since they pick the trailer.
    And the newer ones are a lot better than those of 20 plus years ago. First one I got was a boat-mate and it didn't even have SS hardware and the tubing was thinner.
    No telling how many hours I've spent under my trailers correcting issues or replacing stuff.
    Maybe a couple of us need to go spend a week at the factory and offer some suggestions …..

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    And the newer ones are a lot better than those of 20 plus years ago. First one I got was a boat-mate and it didn't even have SS hardware and the tubing was thinner.
    No telling how many hours I've spent under my trailers correcting issues or replacing stuff.
    Maybe a couple of us need to go spend a week at the factory and offer some suggestions …..
    I can help but believe that Darris and Nancy have not hear the complaints a few hundred times at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    I can help but believe that Darris and Nancy have not hear the complaints a few hundred times at least.
    I talked with Nancy about this more than once. At that time they admitted there were issues especially with the bow having to be winched down so far as to breaking some bolts.. At that time they had sent empty boats as a fitting model.
    For the most part these newer boats fit good to start with.... But after some time everything settles and wears to the point they have issues.
    One simple fix would be to start with the outside boards a touch high and make them so the board can't go lower. A shim between frame or modified bracket would stop a lot of latter problems.

Another thing Nancy said was they were not large enough to be real picky with there vendors.
    I have noticed a lot of the big players make there own trailers.

4. Member
    To me, the Boatmate trailer is not structurally sound to start with. That’s why you will never keep the bunks consistent.

5. Moderator
    Allison has actually had Boatmate go to 5" channel on the Allison trailers. That will make them sturdier when using channel. Of course the box frame is still available also.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    Allison has actually had Boatmate go to 5" channel on the Allison trailers. That will make them sturdier when using channel. Of course the box frame is still available also.
    This is good news.

7. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I wonder if the ultimate bunk boards would get the blessing from Allison or boatmate to be used as the vertical boards? They are composite material so unlike wood should not shrink or rot. And from what I have read do not need carpeting on the surface that mates to the gel. Now maybe it's over kill but I am contemplating using the gatorbac bunk material over the top as a cushion on the hull.

I don't understand how my keel is back down on the rollers and inner boards again after raising the verticals a year ago and there was clearance on the rollers and the boards??
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    I don't understand how my keel is back down on the rollers and inner boards again after raising the verticals a year ago and there was clearance on the rollers and the boards??
    Did you put something between the board and frame or just drill new holes ??

9. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    MIke, I moved them forward and put blocks under them to support the board then drilled new holes in fresh wood. In fact, one of the blocks fell out and I put another in its place and it was still the same size as before. I don't get it.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Thats a head scratcher fer sure.
    Mine has stayed put since putting the nylon blocks under the boards.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Thats a head scratcher fer sure.
    Mine has stayed put since putting the nylon blocks under the boards.
    Mine has stayed put since notching out 2X8's.

Where did you find the nylon blocks to use?
    MET/ XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite - 300xs

There USED to be a surplus store here that had all kinds of scrap pieces they sold by the pound.
    You might try OnlineMetals.com They have a variety of different materials. I bought some kydex sheets from them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12