New or used fifth wheel?

What route did everyone go new or used? Been very frustrating trying to find a used camper with the items we want in decent shape. All seem to have some sort of delamination or other such problems with it. The one I looked at today was so dirty inside I felt like I needed to come home and shower. All of this experiences really have me considering new but I really would prefer not to have some huge camper payment by going new.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI

2. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    We bought new but we are using ours as a winter home, living in it 5-6 months. If we weren't using it for that purpose, we'd probably still go new but would consider a 1-2 year old unit that was a trade-in on an upgrade to a bigger/nicer unit. For big ticket items, we prefer to spend more and buy new because we plan on keeping it for a while and we're not big fans of inheriting other people's problems.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

3. Banned
    We like to buy new,like the warranty to work the bugs the first year.We also order not buy off dealer lot.

4. Member
    If it's a long term buy, I would go new.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

5. Member
    With a travel trailer I'd probably buy new if I planned to keep it a long time. We bought new with ours. I actually would have bought used but the wife really wanted to buy new and I do see some quite a bit of upside to it. There are so many things that could be wrong with a mistreated camper, unless you know the previous owner or you find one that just really hasn't had any use you just never know what you might get into.

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    We were looking at new fifth wheels and found a 2008 excel that was basically never used saved about 90,000 over new so far very happy.Yes there are a lot of pos trailers on the market ,just keep a eye out and you may find a gem.