Solix to Huminbird PC

Is there a way to get the Solix GPX waypoint/route/track data file to come into HPC with the date information attached? I can see it in the XML file.

I tried using GPS babel to convert the solix GPX to a HB hwr file but it errored out due to finding a point with no time (apparently babel can't read the solix GPS file either....)

Dan

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Don't see date and time in HBPC when I do it. I guess that is why HBPC was not included with the unit software in the former Humminbird website's My Humminbird Account.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

It also doesn’t save the waypoint Icon info – doesn’t even have the solix’s wacky icons
    "The handicapped angler"

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Is there a way to get the Solix GPX waypoint/route/track data file to come into HPC with the date information attached? I can see it in the XML file.

I tried using GPS babel to convert the solix GPX to a HB hwr file but it errored out due to finding a point with no time (apparently babel can't read the solix GPS file either....)

Dan
    Is there anything in particular you are trying to accomplish by bringing the file in to HumminbirdPC other than trying to retain the date? I wrote some code a while back to convert Helix gpx files to Solix gpx files. This enables you to convert Helix symbol names to Solix names and colors so the units can recognize them. I don’t think it would be difficult to write the code to convert Solix to Helix but I haven’t really looked at it that closely. If you are having problems with just the 1 waypoint, you could probably just open the xml file and add a date to that waypoint then save the file. You could also write down the lat/long info & delete that waypoint then just add it back manually. I will say that there are some symbol names that are the “same” for both units but won’t convert because the spelling structure and file structure is slightly different for the 2 different units & that’s why I wrote the code to convert them.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

When I had my 1199, I got into the habitat of pulling my data off after every trip and cleaning up the waypoints. Renaming those I was keeping with “smart” names. The lake I fish doesn’t have a ton of structure and the smallmouth move around the lake quite a bit, but typically in similar patterns year to year so I’m not marking bushes and drops, I’m marking fish catches by date and the occasional rock pile or weedbed. I’d like the date to be translated for sorting purposes. I’ll deal with the icon and color differences at the unit I guess.

I’d rather do this offline, then sit in my boat in a hot garage.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

I use Garmin’s MapSource
    It can open and save in the same format that the solix uses (gpx)
    Unfortunately HB has decided to stop using the industries standard waypoint icons and started using some obscure icons they made up so all your icons will be the same default icon
    "The handicapped angler"

7. Member
    Hollada,
    I think I may be able to help you out. I’ll send you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    I use Garmin’s MapSource
    It can open and save in the same format that the solix uses (gpx)
    Unfortunately HB has decided to stop using the industries standard waypoint icons and started using some obscure icons they made up so all your icons will be the same default icon
    The reason there is an issue is due to the programming “language”. The Solix uses gpx in native format and the Helix uses gpx format that has to be converted to a “language” it can understand. The naming structure between the two different units causes some issues. I’ll give a couple of examples, with a Helix unit the Drop Off symbol is named “Drop Off” in the programming code and a Drop Off symbol in a Solix unit is named “Drop_Off”… a Bridge symbol in a Helix unit is named “Bridge Icon” and is named “Bridge” in a Solix unit. When transferring files from a Helix unit to a Solix unit, the Solix unit does recognize a “Drop Off”, it will only recognize a “Drop_Off”, therefore it will transfer that waypoint as the default waypoint symbol. There are several symbol types the Helix units have that Solix Units do not have and there are several symbols the Solix units have that the Helix units do not have. There are also symbols common to both units but have a slight variation to the name. There are several that are identically named and those will transfer correctly. That’s why I wrote a simple “program” to address these differences when converting Helix gpx files to Solix gpx files. Additionally, there are 15 different colors you can choose for Solix symbols and my “program” will also let you add the color to the waypoints. There are even some symbols that Humminbird programmers misspelled in the coding. The “Playground” symbol in the Helix unit is spelled “Playround”.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike