Newer Triton advice

Just went and bought a 2003 Triton TR21 with a 250 Merc Pro XS. I will be selling my older 2000 TR20, just wanted a little bigger boat with a little more speed on this huge Delta. Have a question or two. What prop are the guys running with the same model and motor? And, I want to take my Merc Monitor gauge out of my old boat and install in my new boat. My older boat had all 3.5 inch gauges just like the Merc monitor. The 2003 newer boat has larger 5 inch dia. gauges. The tach gauge also has the trim gauge inside of it, and I like it. I was thinking about plugging the speedmeter line and pulling it out.... and placing the Merc monitor in that spot. Do they make an insert that will cover the 5 inch space, and accept the 3.5 inch gauge???

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Im no help at all. But i have an 03 tr21 with a 250 yamaha hpdi. I run a 27p t1 most of the year. 28p in fall. You could remove your flush mounted graph and install the merc monitor there. I have a flasher in that spot on mine. You could also use some starboard to create a back spacer or something creative to fill in gaps.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdwo2212 View Post
    Im no help at all. But i have an 03 tr21 with a 250 yamaha hpdi. I run a 27p t1 most of the year. 28p in fall. You could remove your flush mounted graph and install the merc monitor there. I have a flasher in that spot on mine. You could also use some starboard to create a back spacer or something creative to fill in gaps.
    This Merc has a 26 P Tempest Plus on it. I ran 69-70 with it yesterday...at 5,600 RPM. Manual jackplate, will have to measure prop to pad distance. Seems it may be a little to far down in water.

4. Member
    If anyone is going to have what you are looking for it will be Carol Newnum at Team C & O Marine in White Bluff, TN. They bought out several Triton dealers going out of business. Give her a call to see if she has what you need. Number is 615-797-4760.
    Last edited by kybamaboy; 08-10-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Chad Ashmore is doing dash panels for the older Tritons, he may have some ideas for you. He's on facebook and on the Triton Owners facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/406488952826203/

6. Member
    Thanks for the info fellas