20 and 21 PHX tournamnet load numbers with 250 SHO and 250 PRO XS 4 Stroke

Trying to determine which motor I want and curious to see what your getting tournament loaded 2 people full everything out of the SHO and new Pro Xs 4 stroke on the PHX 21 and PHX 20
    Thanks

2. Member
    If you can get a sho, get a sho. Throw a 12" hydro plate and a bravo on either boat and you won't be disappointed.
    I haven't seen or heard much that's impressed me performance wise out of the new merc that would make taking a risk on a brand new motor worth it

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    If you can get a sho, get a sho. Throw a 12" hydro plate and a bravo on either boat and you won't be disappointed.
    I haven't seen or heard much that's impressed me performance wise out of the new merc that would make taking a risk on a brand new motor worth it
    +1 imho
    2014 920/SHO

4. Banned
    Price and sound go to the Merc, but looks go to the SHO. Performance will probably be similar as both are making same hp top end and torque probably close in slightly smaller SHO because of VCT.

5. Banned
    I'm an anti-Yamaha guy based on a near death experience due to a faulty SHO engine mount. Yamaha has since fixed that problem but didn't handle it well for me. I don't trust Yamaha for that reason. That being said, the SHO bugs are worked out. The new Pro XS isn't proven IMHO, so if reliability is key, the SHO is your answer.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djd View Post
    I'm an anti-Yamaha guy based on a near death experience due to a faulty SHO engine mount. Yamaha has since fixed that problem but didn't handle it well for me. I don't trust Yamaha for that reason. That being said, the SHO bugs are worked out. The new Pro XS isn't proven IMHO, so if reliability is key, the SHO is your answer.
    I have a 2019 21 PHX. 25 p 3 blade fury on the new Pro XS fouratroke 250. Loaded gas , livewells , two guys , 8 foot poles and all gear. 70.8 in hot and humid weather. Still messing with hydrolic plate but turn about 5750 at that speed. I am considering trying another prop to get a little more RPMs. That same rpm and just me no livewell water and half a tank of gas I have seen 73.6. Have not been able to get over 5800 RPMs yet. Hole shot is really good for a big boat loaded or not. I know a couple guys who have had the 921s up here on Champlain with the Pro XS two stroke that day they never saw those numbers. Coming from a 721 with a 250 Pro XS I can say with out a doubt that the fouratroke is better on gas

7. Banned
    What happened if you don't mind me asking?

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelman View Post
    What happened if you don't mind me asking?
    I'll send you a PM. If I post, it will get pulled.

9. Member
    I'll send you a PM. If I post, it will get pulled.
    Send me a PM explaining it also if you don't mind. And what year did this happen?
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

10. Member
    I have a 921 with the ProXS 4-stroke with a 24 fury. Full tournament load I hit 72. Yesterday I was putting more break in hour by myself and I hit 74.4 at 6100. I only have a few hour left for break in and once that’s done I’m going to play around with a bravo. I’m brand new to the Phoenix coming out of a Skeeter and I’m really impressed with the ride and handling. I still have to learn driving with a little chine walk because that starts at 69mph. But I love this Merc. I can’t stop smiling when I step on the throttle.

11. Member
    Ended up ordering a 920xp with sho. Which bravo prop are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post

12. Member
    20 PHX/SHO stock - Tourney loaded with two people, 3/4 tanks gas - winter 73-74, summer 72 or so
    Same setup but SHO flashed, Lithuim Pro's - 78-79 winter, 75-77 summer..
    If you want to go fast, get the SHO if you can get one - it's brutal out of hole when propped right and if you want to flash it and raise limiter, you'll have one fast bird! If left stock, it's still stronger, faster than any merc I've seen or ran against to date..
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

13. Member
    I have a 920 with 250 sho and 25p sho prop. With 2 people fully loaded with live wells empty and a full elite size tank 70-71. Loaded light with 2 people with 1/4 tank of fuel 75. That's in the Florida heat.

14. Member
    It has a SHO on it and should be finished up in the next couple weeks just trying to see if I should stick with the 26 Yamaha prop or explore other options. Which prop are you recommending
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    20 PHX/SHO stock - Tourney loaded with two people, 3/4 tanks gas - winter 73-74, summer 72 or so
    Same setup but SHO flashed, Lithuim Pro's - 78-79 winter, 75-77 summer..
    If you want to go fast, get the SHO if you can get one - it's brutal out of hole when propped right and if you want to flash it and raise limiter, you'll have one fast bird! If left stock, it's still stronger, faster than any merc I've seen or ran against to date..

15. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J at BAY View Post
    It has a SHO on it and should be finished up in the next couple weeks just trying to see if I should stick with the 26 Yamaha prop or explore other options. Which prop are you recommending
    that 26T will be a little much for a stock sho in GA. for tournament fishing or heaver loads, a worked 25T 1 or 2 or a 26 bravo will preform better
    that 26 will be great for light fast runs in the cooler months
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

16. Member
    I do believe it comes standard with the 26. when you say bravo are you talking standard bravo or the bravo 1 XS or FS? I ran the 26 bravo 1 XS on 2018 Triton Trx 20 w/ Merc when it was cold ran great, once it warmed up had to switch to a 25 Bravo 1 XS. I have a 26.5 and 27 bravo 1 xs here I can try
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    that 26T will be a little much for a stock sho in GA. for tournament fishing or heaver loads, a worked 25T 1 or 2 or a 26 bravo will preform better
    that 26 will be great for light fast runs in the cooler months

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J at BAY View Post
    I do believe it comes standard with the 26. when you say bravo are you talking standard bravo or the bravo 1 XS or FS? I ran the 26 bravo 1 XS on 2018 Triton Trx 20 w/ Merc when it was cold ran great, once it warmed up had to switch to a 25 Bravo 1 XS. I have a 26.5 and 27 bravo 1 xs here I can try
    I'd get 25t2 with the boat for warmer months and hang onto that 26.5 Bravo XS as a backup for winter. Might have to have it worked a bit back to 26, but that's what I run (except my 25 is a T1) and it's a perfect combo.
    2014 920/SHO

18. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txbass1 View Post
    I'd get 25t2 with the boat for warmer months and hang onto that 26.5 Bravo XS as a backup for winter. Might have to have it worked a bit back to 26, but that's what I run (except my 25 is a T1) and it's a perfect combo.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    agree with this
    also if this is a new boat, the dealer provides the prop and you can request what pitch you want
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

19. Member
    Sent you a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    agree with this
    also if this is a new boat, the dealer provides the prop and you can request what pitch you want