Thread: East Fork

East Fork

What's the deal with this lake? It looks so dang "fishy"! I've went there several times in the last few months because my parents live close to there and dad likes to go. But I don't think I've caught more than 3 or 4 bass each trip. Got skunked twice. I'm planning on getting out this weekend, but am thinking about Brookville or Rocky Fork (never been) instead.

2. Member
    Go to Rocky. Bring a frog, swim jig and creature bait.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick2018 View Post
    What's the deal with this lake? It looks so dang "fishy"! I've went there several times in the last few months because my parents live close to there and dad likes to go. But I don't think I've caught more than 3 or 4 bass each trip. Got skunked twice. I'm planning on getting out this weekend, but am thinking about Brookville or Rocky Fork (never been) instead.

i hate that lake, only good in spring i have heard???
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    It is a very fun lake once you unlock the secret... which is not really a secret. I tend to move quite a bit on that lake and as buckeye stated. Jig(swim or flippin it), always have a frog ready and then any other kind of plastic will do well. I have also had plenty caught on a indiana bladed spinnerbait in various color assortments.
    2004 Ranger 185VS
    2004 150 HP Mercury EFI

5. Member
    East Fork can be tough in August.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyebass View Post
    Go to Rocky. Bring a frog, swim jig and creature bait.
    I ended up going to Brookville and got my butt whooped there too. Didn’t feel like driving 2 hours to Rocky Fork when I got up. I’m going to head there soon though.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBurke View Post
    It is a very fun lake once you unlock the secret... which is not really a secret. I tend to move quite a bit on that lake and as buckeye stated. Jig(swim or flippin it), always have a frog ready and then any other kind of plastic will do well. I have also had plenty caught on a indiana bladed spinnerbait in various color assortments.
    You’re talking Rocky Fork, right?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick2018 View Post
    You’re talking Rocky Fork, right?
    Yeah... So East Fork. Cranking, flipping, and spinnerbaits... Find the bridges in the warmer parts of the year.
    2004 Ranger 185VS
    2004 150 HP Mercury EFI

9. Member
    I have been there a couple of times and the bass are not were I think they should be. I would think they would be stacked on all those areas that drop to 20 feet deep within 20 feet of the bank, but nope nope nope!!!