How do I adjust a Trim/Tilt gauge?

Had a new Mercury Engine, a 2018 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, put on my 2008 Triton. The only thing that didn't get done was adjusting the Trim/Tile gauge. Anybody know how to do it? I'd like to do it myself as its a 4 hour round trip to take it back to Robbins Marine and I don't want to miss any fishing time! Thanks!

Mercury 2018 115 Pro XS Four Stroke (Model: 1117F131D Serial Number: 2B567290) on my 2008 Triton....

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=923421
    Last edited by OBT; 08-10-2018 at 11:11 AM.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Tilt engine up, sender is attached to the STB side of the swivel bracket assembly. Make small adjustment, snug screws, and recheck.

Ultimately want it set so that it reads EXACTLY on the "down" line when engine is all the way down.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HTC33 View Post
    Is the process the same for a 2018 250 V8 Pro XS?
    Please see the Forum Announcements- ONE engine per thread (and all engines identified by serial number, please). Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor