Thread: Smoker upgrade

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassin_man View Post
    Yoder, RecTec, and Blazin Grills or Green Mountain Grills in that order imo. Myself I’m finally going to get around to building that 250 gallon reverse flow offset trailer smoker with warming cabinet that can double as a vertical smoker this winter.
    Thats pretty much where im at. Yoder then Rectec. I hear nothing but good things about Rectec but knowing they are made in China and not being able to see one has held me back.

2. Member
    I would say Traeger or Rec Tec if you want to go the pellet route. If you want to go charcoal go with an Egg or Kamado Joe. I have the Sportsman Elite MB smoker and while it makes incredibly good smoked meats, you don't get the bark you do with an actual wood burning/charcoal smoker.

Quote Originally Posted by psj706 View Post
    Thats pretty much where im at. Yoder then Rectec. I hear nothing but good things about Rectec but knowing they are made in China and not being able to see one has held me back.
    Dont be shy about buying a RecTec. Call them and ask them the questions you have. 855 696 0890
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

4. Member
    I think you would be extremely happy with the Yoder. I know I am with mine. My only complaint and it’s my own fault is that I didn’t splurge for the competition cart on my ys640 but I make due. The thing is built like a tank and built in the good old USA. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI

I have a rec Tec stampede and love it. If you are into fooling and fussing with food pellet grills are not for you. They are for people like me that want great food but really dont want the headache of fooling with it! Preparing your meat is the work part and that can be as simple or complicated as you want. With my rec Tec I turn it on and set the temp with my phone, after about 10 minutes I step out on the patio open the lid and put the meat on. Monitor the cooking with my phone from wherever I am over a WiFi connection and an app on my phone. It came with 2 temp probes so I can see the grill temp and the food temp from the lake if I want. When it reaches the right internal temp I take it off the grill and usually let the meat rest for a bit. So simple its almost sad. At low temp the thing puts out a ton of smoke and I get a great Smokey flavor.
    Vexus DVX19

6. Member
    Anybody have the “Trailblazer” model?
    I bought the Trail Blazer about six weeks ago. I had cooked on a charcoal grill a good bit and decided on the Trail Blazer after reading about the pellet grills. We don't have a large family so I decided to go with the smaller size just to save money and we really didn't need anything larger. After the initial burn in I started cooking on it. Everything I've put on it has turned out great. It comes with two internal meat probes and that has really helped me from over cooking things. I'm very happy with my purchase. It is wifi capable but I haven't used it yet. Now I find myself cooking on it several times a week. The food that comes off it is great. It has turned me into a pretty good cook. It really is very simple to cook great food.

We cook almost everything on our RecTec. It's so simple to use. Set the temp and forget it. Pizza and ribs and pulled pork and rolls and corn and burgers and steak. Dessert too.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123