Need a line tie when jig fishing

There is a very healthy largemouth population where I fish in Georgian Bay, Ontario. The problem is that there are a lot of pike, too. I get tired of losing jigs to toothy little pike. So, last year I started using a plastic coated wire leader on my jigs. It didn't affect my catch rate or the size of largemouth that I caught at all. I make my own leaders. Instead of using a snap on the end that attaches to the jig, I attach the leader permanently using a leader sleeve. The problem is on the other end of the leader where I tie my line. Last year, I used a split ring. The problem is that the split ring catches a lot of weeds, ruining the presentation. So, I tried a barrel swivel. It was better, but not by much. So, I'm looking for an alternative. Here's the best option I've found.

https://www.jannsnetcraft.com/spro-p...ls/335801.aspx

I know these will still catch some grass. But, I bet a whole lot less than the split ring or barrel swivel. Anyone have any experience with these heavy duty swivels? I wonder if the smallest one, 150 pound test, will be too big?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

2. Member
    What about AFW Micro Supreme 49 strand wire leader? A friend of mine uses it when throwing Megabass 110 jerkbaits in a certain body of water, there are big smallmouth there but come late fall you'll get a lot of muskies as well. Anyway, you can tie it to your main line using a uni knot since it is flexible like line, it may be worth trying. https://www.cabelas.com/product/AFW-...re/1317773.uts

This is my complete ignorance on how these work probably, but is there any way you could attach them to your line with a leader sleeve? I'm guessing the main line isn't big enough in diameter for a reliable connection?

Of course this would require cutting a bit off of the leader with each bait change, but I'm guessing you don't have to change out baits too often up there anyhow unless the bait itself is destroyed.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

I bought a pack of the swivels that I linked above. I got to try them out over the last two days when fishing a swim jig in pads and grass up here on Georgian Bay. FYI - They work fantastic!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Joe4d
    why not just make a small eye in the leader, same way u are attaching it to the swivel,, just no swivel.

6. Member
    Get some knotable wire leader material. Tie it just like a floro leader. There are a few brands out there.

7. Member
    Check out Owner hyper swivels. I use a #12/45lb on a small smiwbait rig paired with 30lb 7 strand titanium wire.