Garmin sv93 issues

When I turn the unit on it will automatically turn back off in about 3 seconds. Any ideas?

2. Banned
    power source maybe?

3. BBC SPONSOR
    The factory fuse holder for the EchoMap 93sv is not the best. If there is a weak connection or even a bad fuse your voltage can drop below what is needed to boot the unit. We normally change the fuse holder from a glass fuse to the ATO type fuses. Do you have a chart card in the reader? If so try taking it out for boot up. Also the connection on the back of the original EchoMap 93's has plagued those units. Best of luck and hope you get it resolved.
    Chad Phillips
    BassBoatElectronics.com
    Ultra Marine Service - Mercury Outboard sales and service
    1-800-931-9926
    1230 Topside Rd. Louisville, TN 37777
    Showroom & Office Hours M-F 8a-5p

4. Member
    Horrible connections. I seriously can't believe they engineered the connections like this and said " we're good " . I will look into both suggestions this weekend! I guess that is why they put them on sale when I bought mine, not because they were proud of their product, but because they new it was flawed!!! I should know better than to buy things that seem too good to be true!!!

5. Member
    BBE where would I get the fuse set- up you speak of?

6. BBC SPONSOR
    West Marine or a comparable outdoor store. Auto zone or a car store should have it also. or even a Wal-Mart. These are common. Automotive stores may not have a waterproof fuse holder but shouldn't make a big deal in your application.
    Chad Phillips
    BassBoatElectronics.com
    Ultra Marine Service - Mercury Outboard sales and service
    1-800-931-9926
    1230 Topside Rd. Louisville, TN 37777
    Showroom & Office Hours M-F 8a-5p

7. Member
    Brand new, out of the box, my 93 Echo would randomly shut down, sent it back to Garmin and they sent a replacement immediately....known problem that has plagued those units

8. Member
    Ncbass, I will make sure garmin is aware of my issues. This unit is 1 1/2 years old, with very little use! Thanks for the advise fella's
    Love this place.

9. Member
    I think it was Dec '16 when I purchased three Echo units (two 93's and one 73), installed in Jan '17, bow 93 started acting up on second or third trip, like I said they replaced it, but now I have one that is shutting down in any kind of "chop" on the water....we'll see how this plays out

10. Member
    Can't seem to find a # where you can actually talk to a person, got one ncbass?

11. Member
    I use the e-mail option and fill out the form, usually respond within two days.

Product Support 888-442-7646

There is also a "Chat" option listed under the support tab on their website

12. Member
    800-800-1020
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

13. Member
    Thanks Guys! Into the Rolodex it goes.