Thread: Seat issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by capt odie View Post
    Is the boat stored or left out in the elements?
    those seats look to old for a stored boat
    3 years left outside is brutal to vinal and plastic
    The boat is kept outside but always covered when not in use. Seats shouldn't look like that after that short period of time. I'm going to contact Phoenix about it.

2. Member
    Ive noticed in my search for a boat that you can tell a definitive difference in a boat thats stored inside and one thats stored outside, even with the cover on it for whatever reason. Ive seen a few birds where the carpet looked horrendous only to have them admit it was stored outside. I know mold/mildew are a real problem for boats that are left with the cover on them for long periods of time and wonder if that may not be your culprit. It is odd that its only happening where your legs/skin would come in contact with the seats and makes ya wonder if sunblock or bug spray might be the problem. I had a 14 921 and the seats were as perfect as new when i sold it. I used a degreaser to clean and 303 to protect. It may not actually be anything youre doing wrong, just the storage conditions
    They aint got hands, set the hook

I've had my bird 6 years and I fish a lot in all weather conditions and my seats are still in fine shape. I keep it in the garage. I never clean the seats except for an occaisional wipe down. Maybe too much cleaning is not a good thing?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJL View Post
    The boat is kept outside but always covered when not in use. Seats shouldn't look like that after that short period of time. I'm going to contact Phoenix about it.
    Good idea, BBC can’t fix it for you.... a call to Tim was your best bet all along.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I wonder if it's from sun block. That stuff is really bad
    I agree. That is right where my seats get sunscreen on them.

6. Member
    the seat vinyl looks similar to my 1996 Ranger when I traded it in. I would do the magic eraser and 303 protectant but this does not explain the situation. I just went out and looked at my 2014 which is garage kept summer and under a carport in Florida in the Winter. My seats show no cracking and I have a center seat in right now that is used 2 times annually and the passenger and driver seat don't look much different then the non-used basement kept center seat.

So my conclusion is that something is damaging the seat.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duncankopprichardson View Post
    I might eat my words in a few years but after applying 303 cleaner quite regularly my seats still look like new. What did you use to clean/ uv protect?
    yea.mine also
    TrackerUser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12