Banned

GVC 10 black box

Is it compatible with the 93 series echo maps? I look on the list and did not see it. I thought I had seen in a thread where it was..

2. Member
    Yes, but only the echomap "PLUS" 7 and 9 inch units. There are three versions of the echomaps so you have to be careful. The three versions are Original, CHIRP, and PLUS. And they only network with other Plus units. They do not network with GPSMAP units. I've tried it. Whole network screams with error messages if you try to mix them. Won't work.

Correction: I was using GCV20, but I'm sure the GCV10 will work too.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Banned
    Yea I saw that they do not network with the GPSMAP so and some point I am going to buy 2 echo plus systems. Do I even need a black box?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coachallen View Post
    Yea I saw that they do not network with the GPSMAP so and some point I am going to buy 2 echo plus systems. Do I even need a black box?
    Yes. You only have 1 network/Panoptix port on the unit. You can network 2 units with a direct cable, but then you don't have anywhere to plug Panoptix. The GCV10/20 gives you those extra ports. Plugging a Panoptix into it is the same as plugging it into the unit. And the units would share it.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Banned
    Thank you sir