Thread: LOZ

LOZ

I am pretty sure it’s still crazy in LOZ, thinking maybe it might have cooled off a bit with the crazies? Saturday is when I can get out. Stupid move?
    2018 Phoenix 919, Mercury 225 Pro XS
    2016 Triton 179TrX, Mercury 115 4s
    1995 Bass Tracker 175Pro, 40hp Force
    1985 Bass Tracker 1800 Johnson 150 (I called it the lead sled)

2. Member
    This week it has been pretty quiet. High school sports started practice this week so that may keep some of the traffic down but it is supposed to be nice so Saturday I’m guessing It will be busy.

3. Member
    My buddy was down last weekend. He said Saturday was nuts! He had waves coming over the bow of his boat - his 32 ft scarab!

I was in the glaze this evening and there was a lot of traffic until about 7pm
    2005 champion 196 oh what a ride

Yep lots of traffic. Seen a lot worse. Hard to stay on docks with a deep side (15-20ft) because of all the tsunami waves. Caught a few working the worm of whacky.

The biggest issue is people not knowing boating laws/rules. It’s just a free for all. The two times I did run on main channel I stayed all the way to the side so I was not beat up by tsunamis. Still got my kidney kicked a few times when I could not read because of the cross waves coming. I was cruising, another guy about 50-75 yards further out on main channel (ski boat just running) and a freaking yacht (yes it was huge, dude has more money than he knows how to deal with) coming from opposite direction that has about 3/4’s of the channel to himself decides to run in between the ski boat and me. Are you insane or just stupid?
    2018 Phoenix 919, Mercury 225 Pro XS
    2016 Triton 179TrX, Mercury 115 4s
    1995 Bass Tracker 175Pro, 40hp Force
    1985 Bass Tracker 1800 Johnson 150 (I called it the lead sled)

6. Member

USA

STUPID !!!! I've been there. They should make a video of all the stupid things that go on there.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnute View Post
    I am pretty sure it’s still crazy in LOZ, thinking maybe it might have cooled off a bit with the crazies? Saturday is when I can get out. Stupid move?
    I would go in a second. Fish early and late to miss most of the traffic. Afternoons are ok, just stay to the side and don’t get in a hurry.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ROADRUNNER View Post
    STUPID !!!! I've been there. They should make a video of all the stupid things that go on there.
    It's not just the yacht/ski boat owners. A few years back, buddy and I were fishing a small club tourney down on the Niangua. Had someone in a Bass Cat (not that brand matters) overtake us, then cut in front of us so close that we got wet from his rooster tail. Unreal....