Question VMAX SHO connection to HDS 12 issues...

I connected my 2106 200hp VMAX SHO to my Lowrance HDS12 gen 3 (with updated software) using the Lowrance cable and NMEA 2000 network. Two strange things happened:

1) RPM numbers are showing up even though all of my research shows that it should not be working because I still have my analog tach connected.

2) Total engine hours are not showing correctly, it just counts the time that the engine is currently running on the trip or shows some made up number (1638 hours last time).

Any ideas what is going on?

2. Member
    The engine can feed tachometer data to two (or more) tachometers a the same time. One via the digital data bus network (Yamaha Command Link and NMEA 2000) to either a Yamaha digital gauge and/or an NMEA 2000 display) and one via the green wire in the ten pin harness to either a needle and dial tachometer or a conventional Yamaha multi-function tachometer.

I have nary a clue regarding the display of engine hours. I would suspect it is something within the NMEA 2000 display. Perhaps a set-up issue.

Engine hours are read by going to edit data overlay/engine/eng hrs. It is not on the trip page. It will display like water depth, clock, ect..
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

Youtube channel... Please subscribe.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp7...VnHj2tQ4BvAaMw

4. Member
    1) your analog?digital tachometer will still work with the Yamaha interface. I have both running in my 15 ZX 250. I believe your confused with the water pressure digital sending unit. If you change the water pressure sending unit to a digital sensor your analog psi gauge will need to be disconnected.

2) Sounds like you are on the wrong page/screen. You aren't looking at engine hours, your looking at something else. Like said above, add overlay to see engine hours.