Crestliner VT18/VT19

I am looking at purchasing either a VT18 or VT19. One of the options I am looking at is the addition of a hydraulic jackplate. I know the possible warranty issue by doing this. My question is will this possibly cause porpoising? I was told that adding a jackplate to a Crestliner boat had this affect but really want the advantages of a hydraulic plate due to where I fish and how i like to fish. Can anyone with experience with these two help me out?

As a side question, are the advantages of the foot longer boat and bigger motor enough on these two models to offset the additional cost?

get the PT 18 or PT20 and you won't have a warranty problem. I didn't want a jp on my PT18 but I do have a Talon. I had a 2011 VT19 with a 115 and it was a great boat. the PT's are just better built with thicker aluminum although they are not for speed demons.

3. Member
    I agree with you 100% and the PT18 is one of the boats I priced. My dealer is giving me a good deal on the VT19 and VT18 Is what peaked my interest in them. Few thousand less than the PT18.

4. Member
    I own a VT 18. No jack plate. I do get some porpoising on the boat above 42. Can top out around 48 but it’s bouncing pretty good at that point.

I’d think a jack plate would allow you to tweak the motor height to try to combat the porpoising, but this is my first boat.