Help me understand the differences

I have a 89 Evinrude XP150. It has a 3 blade Raker 24. 14.5x24. I have a spare motor (GT150) that has a 4 blade Shooter 27. 13.5x27. Seems like a huge jump for basically the same motor. My curiosity just wants to know how much of a difference there is between these two props...
    Last edited by taterjones; 08-09-2018 at 03:51 PM.

2. Member
    A lot! The shooter is a terrible design and they run light on pitch. Turns more like a 25 than a 27. Blade geometry and diameter play a factor in the hp need to turn a prop to a certain rpm.

What year is the Gt 150, it seems to me that the American engine manufacturers went from power head rated to prop shaft rated in the late 80's early 90's, there is a big difference between power head rated and prop shaft rated.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    What year is the Gt 150, it seems to me that the American engine manufacturers went from power head rated to prop shaft rated in the late 80's early 90's, there is a big difference between power head rated and prop shaft rated.
    Well the midsection model number shows it to be an 89. But I found out the flywheel and stator are from around 82 or so. I’m not sure if the powerhead is an 89 or what. The motor was given to me for parts because it wouldn’t start. The shop told the previous owner it was out of time and had low compression. So to answer your question, I really don’t know lol