Thread: "Base Pricing"

"Base Pricing"

I'm confused by this. The website still isn't clear about pricing.

I see the term "base price" thrown on the websites. I also see how on the website, it lists "standard features and advantages".

Now does the advertised "base price" include the listed standard equipment or is this some orc mischief with numbers? Such as having an unrealistic figure that's only the boat and motor or whatever.

Trying to figure out if i can afford a Vexus or just stick with a tracker 190
    Last edited by BoatNoobie; 08-09-2018 at 02:05 PM.

2. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Great Question - you really need to talk to one of the Reps. the are so much more knowledgeable than i am in those matters.
    if you PM me your name and number i will have one give you call and answer all your questions

3. Member
    I believe I have been told the “base price” does include standard equipment. ie, a trolling motor and a fish finder. But then you can upgrade to bigger size electronics and “better” trolling motors.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    I believe I have been told the “base price” does include standard equipment. ie, a trolling motor and a fish finder. But then you can upgrade to bigger size electronics and “better” trolling motors.
    From what I can tell, the base price for an 1880 is right at $26K? I've seen some for sale on websites ranging from $33-34K and from what I could tell were just different fishfinders and maybe a travel cover. Seems like quite the jump in price. Maybe it's the dealer gouging. Don't know. Hard to tell what the real prices of these boats are.

5. Joe4d
    the usually leave of tax tag title, dealer rigging, freight, batteries and anything else dealer can nickel and dime out of you at last minute.. Pretty much like buying a car. "Base Price, or advertised prices etc for the most part are BS..
    You have to talk to dealer to get an Out the door price.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    the usually leave of tax tag title, dealer rigging, freight, batteries and anything else dealer can nickel and dime out of you at last minute.. Pretty much like buying a car. "Base Price, or advertised prices etc for the most part are BS..
    You have to talk to dealer to get an Out the door price.
    Exactly. At least with Tracker, they have all those listed so you already know the costs.

It's easy to figure in taxes. Tags and title is a bit different, but generally not that much. A couple of hundreds maybe?

I understand the website is still being worked on, but still.

You also know what's annoying. Why are there 6 pictures of essentially the same picture but with a different background? Then you have 4 of the other side. LOL

https://vexusboats.com/company/gallery-page/68/avx1880

7. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    From what I can tell, the base price for an 1880 is right at $26K? I've seen some for sale on websites ranging from $33-34K and from what I could tell were just different fishfinders and maybe a travel cover. Seems like quite the jump in price. Maybe it's the dealer gouging. Don't know. Hard to tell what the real prices of these boats are.

When you see the term "Base Price" that includes all the "Standard Features and Advantages" list on the website.

when is there going to be a "Build your own" feature on the website so we can get an idea online with all options?

1996 Ranger R70 1998 Mercury 115
    Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate

9. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    i am whipping those website designers and programmers as hard as i can.

"Success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is due every day."

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    When you see the term "Base Price" that includes all the "Standard Features and Advantages" list on the website.
    Well fantastic. So looks like the 1880 is right under $27K before anything else. I personally would only change out the Fortrex to a Ulterra or at least do a trolling motor delete option if there's one available. Have to add my own trolling batteries. Then add a console fishfinder and good enough for me.

What about "freight" and "dealer prep". I know those fees are usually hidden until you're ready to buy. Do you have any idea on what the ranges on that is? Is it a set amount for all dealers or do they vary?
    Last edited by BoatNoobie; 08-10-2018 at 02:32 PM.

11. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Well fantastic. So looks like the 1880 is right under $27K before anything else. I personally would only change out the Fortrex to a Ulterra or at least do a trolling motor delete option if there's one available. Have to add my own trolling batteries. Then add a console fishfinder and good enough for me.

What about "freight" and "dealer prep". I know those fees are usually hidden until you're ready to buy. Do you have any idea on what the ranges on that is? Is it a set amount for all dealers or do they vary?
    Freight varies depending on distance from factory, as far as dealer prep or any other additions a dealer would add, this is strictly up to the dealer, we have no control over that . . .

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Freight varies depending on distance from factory, as far as dealer prep or any other additions a dealer would add, this is strictly up to the dealer, we have no control over that . . .
    Interesting. I'm leaning very deep into the corner of the AVS 1880 over the Tracker 190TX now. I don't plan on buying/ordering it until Spring though. Reason is there is no dealers around! lOL I know it's being worked. Closest one is in AZ to WA I think. By the time the order is in placed and delivered, my fishing season is over. Just sold my boat this week, so it's weird not having one on hand.

13. Member
    I spoke to a Rep yesterday about the 1880 and he said that the victor package only adds $1135 to the base price. That was a question I had so maybe this will help someone else in figuring out total cost.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeline View Post
    I spoke to a Rep yesterday about the 1880 and he said that the victor package only adds $1135 to the base price. That was a question I had so maybe this will help someone else in figuring out total cost.
    Helpful post. Thank you. I'm sure another factor that will vary will be the dealer's costs.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeline View Post
    What's in the victor package?

16. Member
    Victor package includes:
    Spare rim and tire
    Adjustable slide drivers seat
    Remote drain plug controls
    Two trolling motor batteries and trays
    And for the life of me, something else I can't remember.

The Victor package is discussed in one of their YouTube videos, but you must be quick to catch the last item, you know, the one I can't remember.

I'm hopefully a future owner of 1880. If you can spring it, a trip to Flippin, AR for a plant tour could result in the final question of; what color do I choose!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pepr View Post
    Victor package includes:
    Spare rim and tire

The Victor package is discussed in one of their YouTube videos, but you must be quick to catch the last item, you know, the one I can't remember.

I'm hopefully a future owner of 1880. If you can spring it, a trip to Flippin, AR for a plant tour could result in the final question of; what color do I choose!
    Not from Wa, lol.

Doesn't seem worth it imo. Unless those are quality batteries.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pepr View Post
    Victor package includes:
    Spare rim and tire

Automatic Bilge pump.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

19. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Not from Wa, lol.

Doesn't seem worth it imo. Unless those are quality batteries.

I beleive I’ve they are ProGuide group 31 batteries.

20. Member
    I believe the base price does not include any fish finders